ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loudest I have ever experienced

Was at a cruise on Saturday up near j24 of M1.... Sat in a mates car who had a box of 3 subs just fitted..... It was SOOO Bassy that my eyes vibrated and I couldnt see.... impressive eh!

Well It can only get bassier in there as new subs are still tight andneed to be loosend up before they hit maximum performance as the cones are still stiff when new.

My eyes and hair vibrate from one sub in my car imprssive eh?!;)

Im not saying I want one coz im into hifi and have spend 3k on sound quality with just speakers amp and cd..... But this actually made me fill a bit shacken up when I got out..... lol

used to have two 12" vibes running off that class-d digital amp(1200w RMS) it made my eyes vibrate quite a lot!

know exactly what you mean about quality though, now running alpine MP3 with focal all round. nice

erm... morrisons car park somewhere off junction 24a of M1.... We meet in south mims services and drove up.... police took everyones plates though and probably put us on the national cruise database..... :mad:

Someone I work with said he went up to the services.. and it was full of modded cars..

There aint a Morrisons ANYWHERE near J24a of the M1 though, but this services is just off J24.. so that must be where.. Said you all went down to the J24 island all in convoy - no overtaking or anything.. must have looked real cool!

Daz.

my mates, got 7K worth of audiobahn equipment in his fiesta (dont laugh) hes sponsored now so dont pay. 151.6 dB sounds right off the top of my head (southend boy)

2 x 15 audiobahn awt i think they are

2 x MASSIVE amps

3 farad cap

0 guage cable

Optima yellow top batery

various other bits and pieces, no that special, the quality is fantastic

only problem is he needs 16 amps on those babys one per voice coil,

kicker are releasing a new square sub which is 18" 5000W RMS costs around a grand and you need 4 amps of at least 1200w to run it properly, it comes with spare cone and voice coil which can be changed in 5 mins and yes they are included in the price, due for shipping soon,

danny one of my customers cars is hitting mid 154dbs with 2 15" JLs and he has only spent bout 3k so far,

Tom

think i will

bet those subs aint that loud.......

danny on eof my customers is hitting 150dbs with two JL subs and he onely spent 2.5k so far so 7k is alot for 151?

Tom

think i will stick with my W7

Put it this way hes got 8 alternaters on the truck and 8 Optima yellow caps. The amps are hidden away and out of site. From what i saw they look like them HUGE kicker ones which stand at about 5foot tall

And yeah its loud. hes won loads of SPL comps with it.

True, but the sound is Fantastic, ive heard louder. But nothing come close when it comes to the quality. Plus for the 7K thats 2 x 7" widescreen PS2, and that lot

Sorry but that wont sound as good as my HiFi...

No car sound system will sound like good as a home system. Especialy when I have spent £800 Cd player £800 Amp £1000 speakers £150 interconnects and £150 Speaker cable.... Might not be loud like a car system but the quality...

Dont get me wrong I like to hear well setup and loud cars but myself i would only spend £800 at the most on a car....

steve,

there is no reason why a car setup cannot sound as good as a home environment if anything the characteristics off a car allow more to be done with the sound and the soundstage,

but just for a comparison on what u spent, here is what i have spent so far,

Headunit (cd player) £800

3 amps £ 2200

sub £750

speakers £1400

yet to buy my cabling and other bits including the sound processor.

Tom

steve,

you and anyone else will be welcome to listen when the final touches are made and she is ready to be entered in competition... :)

Tom