ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lovely "Custom" Ford Puma

RS6 C7
Spotted this Puma earlier, Does he think it's an F1 car?
pikk007.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I didn't realise Gally had a respray? Lowered it too!

RIP Dan
Never been a fan of Pumas with their on tip toe looks (sorry Gally) but there is a couple of seriously fast ones here that do the hill climb. One is just a Puma shell on some ridiculous 500BHP missile.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think even "I can only climax if my mrs wears a puma t-shirt in bed" Gally is going to struggle to find anything to like about that particular example.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
hehe you get some ridiculous spoilers lol, does he think he's gonna get downforce with that daft thing

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed it is actually a Ford spoiler. Evo as the man above points out.

Years ago before I knew anything about cars an Frp used to pass me on my way to work on a country road. Sounded like nothing else I had heard before and indeed it had that spoiler.

Meh. Mental people drill holes in their boot lids

RS6 C7
Indeed it is actually a Ford spoiler. Evo as the man above points out.

Years ago before I knew anything about cars an Frp used to pass me on my way to work on a country road. Sounded like nothing else I had heard before and indeed it had that spoiler.

Meh. Mental people drill holes in their boot lids

Was it an optional extra on the Puma? Quite possibly the most hideous spoiler I have ever seen.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Kinda Ford parts catalogue mate. So yeah you could have it fitted from new.

This is the proper Frp spoiler...

57722156-79c6-be0d.jpg

It's the expensive F2 spoiler from the rally cars.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Erm I don't want to get into a Renault/Ford slanging match again Roy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh right. Just the question mark lead me to believe it was a question.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its a ford puma bootlid worth all of 20 quid, I dont think drilling holes in it are the big issue, its not like its on a classic or desirable car anyway.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol at the fishing. Roy is turning in his ignore list.

I was actually talking about the Frp but meh.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont think many people share your hard-on for the FRP, im quite into fords and even I dont particuarly for example, so again to most people I should think it was just the lack of taste of wanting a shopping list on the door and a big wing that doesnt suit it on the back would be more of an issue than if some holes were drilled in a relatively uninteresting car in the first place.
To most people they just arent the big deal you seem to think they are, they're nowhere near a match for a 172 for example.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So are you saying no one cares about drilling holes in the Frp aswell as the normal Puma?

I couldn't care less about the Red one, I was more talking about the F2 spoiler on the Frp. I really couldn't care less if people like the Frp, most people who don't like them sadly have never driven one.

The Clio Trophy for eg is a much better car than the Frp yet when taxed with buying one or 'tother I opted for the Frp. Go figure.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So are you saying no one cares about drilling holes in the Frp aswell as the normal Puma?

I'm saying that the vast majority of people would view an FRP or a normal puma as much of a muchness as just both being girly looking cars based on a fiesta, the FRP handles a little better and is a little quicker, but most of us still view it as basically a bit rubbish compared to the competition like a 172 for example.
White dog turds are a lot rarer than brown ones, but I dont still dont want one, and likewise with the FRP just cause its relatively rare (although nothing like as rare as say a Calibra LE for example where only 52 were made) doesnt mean everyone instantly wants one.

I couldn't care less about the Red one, I was more talking about the F2 spoiler on the Frp. I really couldn't care less if people like the Frp, most people who don't like them sadly have never driven one.

Ive driven them and I dont actually dislike them, if someone gave me one i'd drive it to work and back, I just wouldnt buy one as a car to enjoy when there are so many better options IMHO.

The Clio Trophy for eg is a much better car than the Frp yet when taxed with buying one or 'tother I opted for the Frp. Go figure.
TBH I dont view the trophy as a real improvement to a 182 either, the seats arent as comfortable, and the difference that really matters, the suspension, is likely to be worn out by now and need replacing anyway so you could just as easily fit it to a 182 instead. I do like the shade of red though.
But again, just cause its rarer doesnt have me instantly wanting one.
The FRP is more likely to hold its value as rare fords always do so better than most of the other cheap makes like renault or vauxhall etc, so in that respect you probably made the right decision, just in terms of actually having it as a car to use I would have gone for a 172/182 instead personally if faced with the choice of that or an FRP.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm saying that the vast majority of people would view an FRP or a normal puma as much of a muchness as just both being girly looking cars based on a fiesta, the FRP handles a little better and is a little quicker, but most of us still view it as basically a bit rubbish compared to the competition like a 172 for example.

Who are these people? They are certainly not on here. In most cases baring in mind these people have driven them, the 172/182 would be body rolled into a hedge long before it could take corners at speeds the Frp can. Again this is from people who have driven both, not me.

I have no opinion on it though even though i've driven both I don't do laps of the local town centre so it means nothing to me. I didn't buy the best car or the fastest I bought the car I wanted more, the car that tickled my balls everytime I jumped in. There are better cars than the 1*2 aswell doesn't really mean anything does it?

White dog turds are a lot rarer than brown ones, but I dont still dont want one, and likewise with the FRP just cause its relatively rare (although nothing like as rare as say a Calibra LE for example where only 52 were made) doesnt mean everyone instantly wants one.

You're being silly now. It's not looked at just because it's rare, what they did with the car was special. It was the last conversion to leave Tickford also. Ford didn't just throw some tat at a production car to make it sell. They went the full way with that car that's part of the reason it recieves so many plaudits.

TBH I dont view the trophy as a real improvement to a 182 either, the seats arent as comfortable, and the difference that really matters, the suspension, is likely to be worn out by now and need replacing anyway so you could just as easily fit it to a 182 instead. I do like the shade of red though.
But again, just cause its rarer doesnt have me instantly wanting one.

The FRP is more likely to hold its value as rare fords always do so better than most of the other cheap makes like renault or vauxhall etc, so in that respect you probably made the right decision, just in terms of actually having it as a car to use I would have gone for a 172/182 instead personally if faced with the choice of that or an FRP.

I also didn't buy it from the value pov, the Trophy has still held it's value okay since me buying the Frp, the Frp felt more special to me. The "ball tickling" I speak of is probably because i'm a massive Ford fan but i'm not biased, there are lots of better cars out there for the price I paid.

Even a standard Puma handles well and is a great package. They also sell for more than a ph1 172, but are older, undesirable? Hmm seems not.

FRP is also epic, and anyone that doesnt get that either hasnt driven one or is too focussed on them being "under powered".

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol @ the defending to the death of the mighty FRP.

Ive driven them, I was underwhelmed, they didnt make the power they were meant to, they handle well, but they they just are generally "not all that" to the extent that gally makes out that they are.

Yes they are better than a normal puma, but nothing like to the extent that a 172 is better than a normal 1.6 clio for example, or a williams is better than a valver, o its not like ford did something "special" with them really, and ultimately they are just too damn heavy for what they are, it would have been SO much better if ford had done a racing fiesta instead with widened track and the 1.7 engine etc, as they do so much better than the puma does with the same engine! (and yes I have driven both before you ask, lol)

Mk1 Focus RS compared to a normal 2.0 Focus is ford getting it properly right with a performance variant, the FRP is lame by comparison ultimately.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
172 handles better than FRP?

Much of a muchness I would say, the 172 has enough power to exploit its handling better though, if you drive an FRP round somewhere like combe for example, you come out of the first chicane with your foot planted and you are nowhere near upto the corner speed of the 172 by the time you hit that first right hander, or even the left hander after it, so although they do handle well its a bit frustrating when you cant get them upto the speed they need to be at to really use the handling!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol @ the defending to the death of the mighty FRP.

Ive driven them, I was underwhelmed, they didnt make the power they were meant to, they handle well, but they they just are generally "not all that" to the extent that gally makes out that they are.

Yes they are better than a normal puma, but nothing like to the extent that a 172 is better than a normal 1.6 clio for example, or a williams is better than a valver, o its not like ford did something "special" with them really, and ultimately they are just too damn heavy for what they are, it would have been SO much better if ford had done a racing fiesta instead with widened track and the 1.7 engine etc, as they do so much better than the puma does with the same engine! (and yes I have driven both before you ask, lol)

Mk1 Focus RS compared to a normal 2.0 Focus is ford getting it properly right with a performance variant, the FRP is lame by comparison ultimately.

Did you just say there is less difference between an Frp and a standard Puma than there is between a 172 and a 1.6? Did you really just say that?

It wasn't meant to be an RS, it was actually the first ever ST if you want to be a pedant.

Anyway i'll just end up sounding like a t**t if I continue defending it.