ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low and wide Mk3

GW 197 cup
Nah it was a black one like yours. Use to see it round bromham loads and oakley. Think i did see that silver one though.

I drive a 6th gen civic, silver slammed on white vti rims. Yeh it is luke and that with the ef's, i have been wanting to go to that meet but always end up doing something else.

If I see you I'll flash.

hmm might of been a guy called Matt... He came up to me asking if I wanted to buy his boot build, it was black with pink Porsche d90's and pink mirrors?

Nice, Luke's distributed went boom the other night but I think he has sorted it out now. Mondays are pretty good, gives you something to do and they are all cool guys, few nice cars too... Just a shame I never finish work in time.. You part of the reg9 group on fb? Like wise mate ill keep an eye out

hmm might of been a guy called Matt... He came up to me asking if I wanted to buy his boot build, it was black with pink Porsche d90's and pink mirrors?

Nice, Luke's distributed went boom the other night but I think he has sorted it out now. Mondays are pretty good, gives you something to do and they are all cool guys, few nice cars too... Just a shame I never finish work in time.. You part of the reg9 group on fb? Like wise mate ill keep an eye out

Yeh i think that was the one.

Reg9 no I cant find them on fb got a link at all?

I should really go to this meet

GW 197 cup
Thought i would try something different :)
IMG_18311_zpsf6c9ae77.jpg

GW 197 cup
Cheers bud, at first i thought it would look too chunky, and in pictures i still think it does, but in person it looks 10x better.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You bolted it on the other way up haven't you? I certainly don't envy you driving down certain roads lol

GW 197 cup
nope, thats the way its supposed to be, the astra comes with 2 different splittters, the standard one which has a small bit at the bottom and its not very deep, and then the sri splitter which goes deeper in the middle and at the top. haha it just folds and springs back into place luckily! i just try to avoid bad roads when i can though lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Quite like that splitter, the mk3 bumpers sit too high in relation to the skirts IMO
p
​wonder if it would fit a 197?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Car looks alright !

I think the lack of haters is because it's simple and effective.

Get some tints, spoilers and angel eyes .. you'll be pulling them in all day long...!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I love this! I'm following you on Instagram and I love seeing photos of it. I think an RS Grill would really finish the front off..do you have anymore photos with the splitter fitted?

GW 197 cup
Quite like that splitter, the mk3 bumpers sit too high in relation to the skirts IMO p ​wonder if it would fit a 197?
I agree mate, it used to bug me and i didnt like the sx kit or any other lip kit for it. hmm im not sure how much wider the 197 bumper is but this splitter had around 40-50mm hanging over each end which i had to cut off.

I love this! I'm following you on Instagram and I love seeing photos of it. I think an RS Grill would really finish the front off..do you have anymore photos with the splitter fitted?
Cheers buddy! hmm im still unsure on the rs grill, i don't like how the top and bottom grills don't match if you have the rs grill. not really the weathers poop and the cars filthy.. only other pic is..
IMG_18251_zps47a44935.jpg

Car looks alright ! I think the lack of haters is because it's simple and effective. Get some tints, spoilers and angel eyes .. you'll be pulling them in all day long...!
Thanks, hmm not sure about spoiler or angel eyes, trying to keep it clean, subtle.. plans are to smooth and respray sometime in the future (fingers crossed)

Looks great, don't think it'll last long though ;).
Haha we will see xD, don't underestimate self tapping screws, bolts and washers xD, if it does get ripped of i will post though, should be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Superleggera'd MK3
Nice mate :) You got a side on photo? Does the spllier make the front look a lot lower than the rest of the body though?

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
Love that splitter been looking for something similer for mine it just sits too high the standard

GW 197 cup
Thanks everyone! :)

Nice mate :) You got a side on photo? Does the spllier make the front look a lot lower than the rest of the body though?

Don't have any good pics, will give it a clean and get some on the weekend provided it passes its mot on saturday lol. it does sit a tad lower than skirts but its not that much lower

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Splitter works well, i used the same splitter on my Mk5 astra a while back, i like it, Might have to go round a few scrappies to find something to fit mine. :)

GW 197 cup
Well after having to remove the bumper and fit bigger wheels up front to raise it a bit the clio passed its mot today! treated her to a quick clean and wax then took a cheeky picture on my way into work... sorry it was taken through instagram.. hopefullly get better pics tonight :).
IMG_18591_zps5438bfbd.jpg

Well after having to remove the bumper and fit bigger wheels up front to raise it a bit the clio passed its mot today! treated her to a quick clean and wax then took a cheeky picture on my way into work... sorry it was taken through instagram.. hopefullly get better pics tonight :).
IMG_18591_zps5438bfbd.jpg

i love this pic, looks so fresh mate.

GW 197 cup
Cheers mate.

Since fitting the splitter i have had a few problems with bumpers popping of at the corners and wanting to fly off on the bypass, so i started looking at panel fastners and came across some omp panel fastners, quite liked the look and had never seen them before so...
IMG_19361_zpse30d1d90.jpg

Its different i know... hold back on the hate xD

Cheers mate.

Since fitting the splitter i have had a few problems with bumpers popping of at the corners and wanting to fly off on the bypass, so i started looking at panel fastners and came across some omp panel fastners, quite liked the look and had never seen them before so...
IMG_19361_zpse30d1d90.jpg

Its different i know... hold back on the hate xD

Not gunna hate because I get way too much for my choice in mods lol

but I am not too keen on that mate, it looks too much like someone stuck what was left of an old belt to the car... (I know it is meant to look something along those lines..) but I think something that looked like bonnet pins would have been better :)

rest of the car looks awesome though :approve:

GW 197 cup
Haha fair play mate, I tried not to go with bonnet pins, or the typical panel fastner look but thanks for the feedback bud.. They are doing he job so far!
9D14AF32-EA0A-4312-B8B0-52BD757953CA-6332-0000052FB3494676_zpsd61bf776.jpg