ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low and wide Mk3

GW 197 cup
Hmm I will see what I can do, I do plan to come to one of the meets it's just that I work really awkward hours..

MK3 Clio
the car sat very low again at this point and the centre silence was scrapping everything, so i decidede to remove it and replace it with a straight pipe, less scraping, less stuff to catch onto speed bumps, and with the cat and standard muffler still present, not silly loud... well to be honest, it gets drowned out by the induction roar :D (Y)

how did you replace the cat with a straight pipe? had a little look and cant figure out how to easily do it.
did you remove the exhaust and cut it or slide the cat off?

bobbie

GW 197 cup
how did you replace the cat with a straight pipe? had a little look and cant figure out how to easily do it.
did you remove the exhaust and cut it or slide the cat off?

bobbie

the cat is still in fella, it was the centre silence/ mimiddle box I got rid off.

Did I see this at the kens diner vw meet couple weeks ago?

yeah that was the first time I've been there, was parked with my mates polo, mk1 golf, mk4 golf and 106rallye.. Were you in a clio ? Didn't see any other clios there but of course it was a
vw meet xD

Last edited:
  LY FF182
yeah that was the first time I've been there, was parked with my mates polo, mk1 golf, mk4 golf and 106rallye.. Were you in a clio ? Didn't see any other clios there but of course it was a
vw meet xD

​Thought so!! Nooo I was in my girlfriends black lupo parked a couple cars away from you!

GW 197 cup
​Thought so!! Nooo I was in my girlfriends black lupo parked a couple cars away from you!
Oh tight right, i think i remember the lupo actually! i think i vaguely remember seing you having a little look as you drove past aha.

Superleggera'd MK3
Car looked good as CSS mate, was gonna come say hello but i spent a lot of time hiding inside my car from the rain :/

172 Cup
Followed you most of the way back from CSS dude.....stance looks great when rolling! Good to see something different from the norm on a clio!

GW 197 cup
Car looked good as CSS mate, was gonna come say hello but i spent a lot of time hiding inside my car from the rain :/

cheers dude, I really made no effort for it, hadn't cleaned it in over 3 weeks, had planned to wake up and clean it early but working nights I struggled to get up in time, missed the bedford convoy too ;/... Your car was looking sweet as mate, probably what mine would of looked like had I not gone down the stance route! The weather put a bit of a downer on things, I hid inside the museum haha..

Followed you most of the way back from CSS dude.....stance looks great when rolling! Good to see something different from the norm on a clio!

Thanks dude, was it you I pretty much convoyed with up to cardington road? Where in bedford are you from? Never seen you around before? Also was that a rear arb you have on there? Looked like it was hanging scarily low for a arb.. But can't see what else it could be!

172 Cup
Yea man I live just off mile road near elstow. Was the arb you could see its pretty low.....didn't realise it was quite as obvious haha!

GW 197 cup
Yea man I live just off mile road near elstow. Was the arb you could see its pretty low.....didn't realise it was quite as obvious haha!

Oh right sweet, i live just of london road, quite surprised i haven't seen you around bedfore.. haha yeah my mate was like "wtf is hanging of his car!?"

GW 197 cup
Ben fairly buy and forgot to add the mates update, added a bit of camber and 10mm spacers to the rear brbringing he rear wheel set up to 9j et 10 with 195-45's stretched on, finally starting to get happy with how the rear sits and will start to plate with the front when I have some time and monies to spend.

few pics of how the rear sits now....
66FD43A8-65AF-4188-B979-1BFDCD9A37CB-5098-000005252475B258_zps307eafc1.jpg

D8F70D3B-C9AE-489D-A8D6-80ADBC6278A9-5098-00000524EF2407BC_zpsc0394039.jpg

too lazy to crop this
7D34FBF3-E1A4-44F4-9DFE-55EF11C695B7-5003-00000517E0D191EB_zpsb5caa57c.jpg

or this
05E96C45-8442-4927-8A22-B9164D38954E-5042-0000051A2706983F_zpsb6fc56db.jpg

and finally a quick pic from slam
media on Sunday
4E62CBA9-E210-4EB0-AD12-D1D182F0230F-5003-0000051836F4AE0C_zps7b10e8bc.jpg

now to start working on the front a little... Has anyone
found camber bolts for the front of a mk3 yet? Last time I looked there weren't any..

Renault Clio
Never really made a project thread that i could update on here, and i can't get to sleep so what better time to do it!

Bought the car standard and straight away off came the tow bar, stickers in the windows and wiper which left it looking like this
6.jpg

2.jpg

not the best of pics i know but i lost the others as they were on my old phone... which i dropped and the screen decided to come off...

now i knew i wanted my car low with good stance, but i didn't want to ruin the handling completely, so i set about looking for decent coilovers and after a few months a set of spax rsx coilovers popped up for sale and managed to grab myself a bargain at around £300. No problems with them, they were perfect.
Straight away i sat front almsot all the way down and rear adjusters out
IMG_1195.jpg

.. a few weeks later these wheels popped up for sale and they went on
IMG_15881.jpg

2 days later this happened... :/
IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1617-1.jpg

i rang around looking for quotes to have it repaired and the cost caught me of guard if im honest, £250 for a new sump, £30 for a gasket and around£190-200 worth of labour is what i was getting quote, so i gave dan at 519 automotive a call, he gave me a much better quote and i booked it in with him.

i need my car as a daily driver and needed it back on the road so had a little attempt at bodging the sump with exhaust paste, after cleaning the area up and then using exhaust paste and a heat gun on it (the hotter it gets, the harder it sets), i then topped the oil up and left it sitting for a while, no leaks (Y), i then ran the car for a while and kept an eye on it...
IMG_16341.jpg

used the car for a week then finally got it into dan to work his magic on.

oh and the air filter i forgot to mention earlier, fancied a bit of noise, not too bad for £30, genuine carbon fiber too... makes a decent sound...
IMG_09921.jpg

the car stayed like this for a while until i got really bored of the wheels and these went on... hmm now i look back what was i thinking! lol
IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

they didnt stay on for too long, they didnt give me the looks/stance i was looking for so not too long after... new wheels again...
6E1495C2-7CFD-44FD-B3F0-DD1AA58D92EF-134-0000004CC8C5A26C.jpg

after playing around with fitting i maxed out the front coils and the car was sitting like so...
007AC110-9E40-42BD-A700-D3E5051834EB-292-0000001214B868B5.jpg

The rears where scrubbing a lot, and for some unknown reason, the right rear arch was perfect, it was completely flat on the inside with no lip, as opposed to the left which had a massive lip which scrubbed verry hard and was trying to eat my tyres, after a little bit or rolling and a tiny pull the car was free of rubbing

the car sat very low again at this point and the centre silence was scrapping everything, so i decidede to remove it and replace it with a straight pipe, less scraping, less stuff to catch onto speed bumps, and with the cat and standard muffler still present, not silly loud... well to be honest, it gets drowned out by the induction roar :smiley: (Y).

Anyway as i said earlier, i wanted a decent stance without ruining handling, admittedly the suspension and wheel setup isn't the perfect setup for handling, and it would handle better with raising but as is the car still handles very well as vaccs discovered after i took him out for a drive at the local meet a few friends hold every monday night at bedford.

Im sure i probly missed a few little things out... oh yeah silver visions and a bit of carbon wrapping, sub and stripped the rear.
EB570604-7BBF-4215-9039-A4377E5AF81E-2386-00000191AFE349F3.jpg

So that brings us to how the car looks now. :smile:
98DB01C5-1CB3-468D-BFCA-264DB905B9B1-3429-00000348A281FDF0.jpg

1C544A26-D9C3-4FDB-AAFC-C3CD74EC5D54-27092-00001A4793932247.jpg

future plans:
Get a sump guard built up ASAP.
Build a false floor/sub setup in the boot(if i dont ditch the sub) and build a false floor for where the seats were.
Smoothing and a respray as the car got keyed.
Hopefully play about with fitment till im happy with the stance.
Contemplating whether to go for black inserts or not.
Do something with the interior.
Try make the car a bit nippier.

And im sure more stuff will get added to the list as the days go on.

Thanks for reading guy and girls,
Kam.
Hi,

May I ask what size are those rims please?

Renault Clio
Theu are just cheapo eBay specials mate, I like them because the metallic gold print matched the gold rivets.
0785ACE9-2DE6-49ED-BECE-C6AA71699688-850-0000007333904EAE_zpsa17eb81f.jpg

Not quite the best pic but the only one i have of the wheels.

haha they are quite similar!
Hi,

May I ask what size are those rims please?