ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low boost 182

dan's cast offs.
Low boost 182 that I started on a while ago, should of been a quick job but that didn't happen!!

Few things then got changed and added along the way but now it's about 95% finished thought I'd stick something up about it.

Will be running low boost on stock ecu with efi boost module.

Genuine Garrett 25/60 turbo, custom down Pipe and centre section in 2 1/2" to a standard scorpion back box. Bags of room between the down Pipe and the master cylinder so there is a heatshield there for cosmetic reasons more than anything.

2" Boost pipework fabricated and managed to get each one as a single piece so only 4 silicone elbows on the boost side of things.
Cheap eBay intercooler in almost the smallest size we could get.
Managed to get the air filter where the pas bottle used to be so that's just got two 45% elbows to mount it to the turbo.

Loads of bits painted and some covers fabricated, the coilpack cover ended up the wrong colour so that's getting repainted.

They black and grey were a bit of a random choice but habe worked out well together.

Few little bits left to do but nothing major and hopefully off to be mapped over the next couple of weeks.

Oh and it needs a good clean under there as well!!
20180516_150151.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Really like that. What coolant pipes are you using there ?

@bloke Wheres the power in the rev range on the 1*2 lumps? Like the idea of the 225 conversion but it sounds a bit naff really? might sound silly but im all for high revving. The honda motors though seem to rev high when turbo'd

dan's cast offs.
will throw a graph up when it's mapped but they stay a bit on the revvy side though, my lads boosted twiglet is still a screamer, limiter at 7,200 and pulls right through.

dan's cast offs.
well delay after delay, got it ready to go for mapping and checked wastegate actuator and it was opening at 4psi, genuine new garrett. got it sorted to start opening about 7psi and dropped it to chris. week or two later got a call from him saying it was boost creeping and getting to silly figures!!

quick trip up there to sort that out and managed to get it down to 9psi max on the gauge and left it there with him. went up this morning to pick some bits up and it's done ? still hitting 10psi at just over 5,000rpm so will look into that at some point but it's been mapped to run safe top end.

picking it up tomorrow so should be an interesting drive back with it.

20180715_151151.jpg

dan's cast offs.
What intercooler was on this Carl? And where were all the hardpipes from?

Still a wicked build

cheap chinese cooler off ebay. guy we know does the pipework but my lad has just started with me and will be doing manifolds and pipework pretty soon.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
cheap chinese cooler off ebay. guy we know does the pipework but my lad has just started with me and will be doing manifolds and pipework pretty soon.
Got a link by chance?
Wicked, he gonna be making tubular manifolds for turbos or just anything?

dan's cast offs.
Got a link by chance?
Wicked, he gonna be making tubular manifolds for turbos or just anything?

Anything really, I've been meaning to start developing modular systems for few of the Renaults so he's going to be doing that with me and he wants to do some n/a manifolds as well but primarily for the 1.6 clios as there's a potentially big market abroad.