ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mileage liquid yellow 182....5k!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Ok, so this just round the corner from me and I saw it outside the garage last week.

Stopped to have a look as the mrs is currently looking for one. At the time there was no price displayed.

The front splitter is missing, the front end has been painted as its an off colour and noticed the bumper insert decals are missing plus the exhaust is hanging about 2ft from the bumper.

Salesman came out, I asked for the mileage he replied 50K. I then asked if the belts had been changed, he replied 'It has full history', I said yeah but have the belts been done.. He said, they aren't due until 70,000 miles.

You can see where this is going..

Then he gave the price and I almost choked!

So basically.. average condition, needs belts, exhaust mounts, plus anything else i didn't spot and they want £5,000.. Mental!

About £2,000 overpriced with no belt change IMO!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 182 ff cup
That is seriously taking the pi**! The belts should have been replaced after 5 years regardless of the mileage along with the dephaser! These f***tards who call themselves dealers hack me off! Along with the normal 20% ish hike in price that dealers add to the price, he is probably thinking the exclusivity of the colour will earn him that extra few quid so why not bump up the price a little more. ..!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
That is seriously taking the pi**! The belts should have been replaced after 5 years regardless of the mileage along with the dephaser! These f***tards who call themselves dealers hack me off! Along with the normal 20% ish hike in price that dealers add to the price, he is probably thinking the exclusivity of the colour will earn him that extra few quid so why not bump up the price a little more. ..!

Not a fan then?

God damn those pesky car dealers, trying to earn money to pay their mortgage. Just who do they think they are??

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 200 RS EDC
What the f**k have they done to the door lock button? Used a screwdriver to press it?!

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Its not s**t. If this was up for £3000.00 ish, you'd all be saying fair enough. Its just over priced. Someone will come along and pay thou, so why not? You don't have to buy it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 182 ff cup
Fair point RyG. I'm all for making a profit, who isn't? But I get annoyed when dealers sell cars for top dollars that could potentially be a lemon and cost a small fortune on top to put right. I expect that with the classic car market. I could understand if it was a trophy for example. I was merely pointing out that this is a lot of money for a car that appears to be extremely uncared for.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fair point RyG. I'm all for making a profit, who isn't? But I get annoyed when dealers sell cars for top dollars that could potentially be a lemon and cost a small fortune on top to put right. I expect that with the classic car market. I could understand if it was a trophy for example. I was merely pointing out that this is a lot of money for a car that appears to be extremely uncared for.

I agree!

But how many liquid yellow 50k ff 182's are going for sale?

They are rare and getting harder to find a 'mint' one..not that this is obviously lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 182 ff cup
They are becoming extremely rare I agree. And I for one would like one if I'm being honest! ! The colour is amazing. I tried to get a clio 3rs in liquid yellow but I ended up with one in alien green instead. Your right, this isn't a mint but the colour I guess makes it desirable.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It is desirable but when you go to look at it & realise the person selling it couldn't even be bothered to spend £30 for new exhaust mounts it makes you ask the question what other work isn't done-
Then you look at the bumper & realise its totally the wrong colour compared with the rest of the car- which will then need respraying if you want a mint car... Plus the cost of a cambelt in the mix + tax + splitter + new hazard panel your 5k is now 6k.

So is it s**t, well that's open to interpretation- however its none to clever.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  GTD, Lupo
It is desirable but when you go to look at it & realise the person selling it couldn't even be bothered to spend £30 for new exhaust mounts it makes you ask the question what other work isn't done-
Then you look at the bumper & realise its totally the wrong colour compared with the rest of the car- which will then need respraying if you want a mint car... Plus the cost of a cambelt in the mix + tax + splitter + new hazard panel your 5k is now 6k.

I looked at this and thought the exact same thing about the exhaust. If they can't be bothered to fix something so simple then what else have they left.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Just looking at it again it has the hallmarks of a *POSSIBLE* front end crash-

Front end spray - (CRAP at that)
Bumper inserts missing-

Drivers side arch liner missing.....

S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not a fan then?

God damn those pesky car dealers, trying to earn money to pay their mortgage. Just who do they think they are??

Burglars are trying to pay their bills too, doesnt mean I have to approve of how they do it, lol.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the UK's best presented model....

Wheels look like they need a refurb for a start

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

It is crazy that a badly maintained and badly repaired clio mk2 is probably going to sell for somewhere approaching the 5K asking price just cause it happens to be yellow and to have been used for short journeys!

Don

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The thing is that if its for a place where credit is required and its for those people who can't readily get said credit, then they will be turning the screw to make as much as possible. Not everyone can afford to pay cash outright on a brand new car, never mind a 10 year old one...so they are preying on these type of people...(its their call and fair play if they manage to sell it at full price!)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Auto choice had some horrendous cars when I was looking. Looked at a audi a4 s line which looked ok until really close inspection. They cheaply tart cars up and ask inflated prices.

I know this is business, but for those with a passion and a keen eye there are better cars and alternatives out there.

I'd rather buy a honest car that needs a little love.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so this just round the corner from me and I saw it outside the garage last week.

Stopped to have a look as the mrs is currently looking for one. At the time there was no price displayed.

The front splitter is missing, the front end has been painted as its an off colour and noticed the bumper insert decals are missing plus the exhaust is hanging about 2ft from the bumper.

Salesman came out, I asked for the mileage he replied 50K. I then asked if the belts had been changed, he replied 'It has full history', I said yeah but have the belts been done.. He said, they aren't due until 70,000 miles.

You can see where this is going..

Then he gave the price and I almost choked!

So basically.. average condition, needs belts, exhaust mounts, plus anything else i didn't spot and they want £5,000.. Mental!

About £2,000 overpriced with no belt change IMO!

I had a look around this the other week as well, it's had front end impact without any doubt.
The rear bumper has marks on it, the exhaust is drooping. Has Brembo pads on the front and two budget tyres on the front - probably put on by Autochoice after the previous owner rogered the clutch by doing 'burnouts'.

I fancied offering £2300 for the hell of it, but thought against it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I had a look around this the other week as well, it's had front end impact without any doubt.
The rear bumper has marks on it, the exhaust is drooping. Has Brembo pads on the front and two budget tyres on the front - probably put on by Autochoice after the previous owner rogered the clutch by doing 'burnouts'.

I fancied offering £2300 for the hell of it, but thought against it.

I offered £2,000.. He laughed, not as hard as i laughed at him charging £5,000 for it though!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
The fact is, they have £2mil+ worth of stock and sell more cars than any main dealer in Bristol.

It will sell. (As much as it pains me to say it)