ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mileage track cars

X J07HAM

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 200/RS 182
So I know mileage is just a number but am I stupid turning my 35k mile RS200 into a track car? Its currently in clubsport condition with a bolt in half cage, H&R springs (Soon to be Cooksport), Spacers, induction kit and more. The temptation to start drilling holes in the front bumper like all the others is unreal. I feel like I should sell it and buy something a bit more tatty and track that instead.

I cant be the only one with a low mileage (soon to be) track car?
20220427_135751[799].jpg
20220427_170313[800].jpg

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Although Nowhere near as low as yours, mines just going over to 70k, 2004 182 which is a full track car. I know most on ebay say the old "as to be expected for a track car" but I try too keep mine as minty as possible!

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
4d Krystal with carbon lettering 😉
Out of interest, what exactly is the 4th dimension?

If you want to use it on a track then go ahead. Without wanting to sound rude, it’s a Clio, not a highly sought after model or colour and there are many others. They’re a popular car so you’ll still be able to sell it to someone who wants it for the same reason as you.

Clio 197
We have just started to use our Fiesta which has only 23k on it. Logic is we have had it from new, know the car well, had it serviced on the button etc s fingers crossed, we will get the reliability from it which is important in a track car for me. We didnt get that with our 197 sadly hence moving to the fiesta.

I don’t know why everyone seems to think a track car should be knackered.

Probably because people think trackday's are a cheap way into driving fast/motorsport/racing etc. so always end up cheaping out on things or having "scruffy" cars to justify it being a cheap thing.

Which it can be for some! but doesn't mean the cars should be battered or abused. I mean... none of mine have ever been the prettiest... but mechanically have always been well looked after.

But OP... as others have said... go and bloody enjoy it! If you bought it as an investment to make you mad ££££ then fair enough, but it's a Clio, so I doubt that ;)

Get it used, enjoy it for what it is. Life's too short!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Cos chances are whilst being a track hero you'll run out of talent and shove it in a gravel trap. Then your nice 32k mile example will look like s**t.
Iirc drilling holes in the bumper does nothing for performance.