ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low Revs When Starting Up

Clio 1.4 16V
Guys, Wondering where i should start as a bit of a novice, but when i first start the car up the revs shoot to around 3000 then dropped down low and the car almost stalls and is juddering like mad, then after a few seconds sorts itself out to around 500 - 750.

When i start the car up again when it is still warm, everything is normal

Where should i start, what could be the cause.

Its is a K4J engine

Matt

2007 clio dynamique
Have you tried giving the throttle body a clean ? And is there any other symptoms other than what you have already said. ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Cleaning the TB *may* help the low idle issue (and its good practise to keep it clean so won't hurt) but the 3k peak at startup makes me think you may have another issue such as a minor inlet leak.

Any other symptoms such as a blowing noise, poor mpg, etc?

Mick

Clio 1.4 16V
Really sorry, forgot about this thread due to issues at home, however the car is getting worse. the revs drop so much now that car sometimes stalls. Where would i find the throttle body on the K4J, also i have never worked out my mileage, but on average a tenner at current prices gets me around 50-60 miles.

Also today i noticed the Drivers side top mount was loose i could unscrew it by hand. I had noticed clunking recently when turning the steering but only noticed this when i heard the fan on so lifted the bonnet to realise i had hardly any coolant. One problem after another. The top mount has no threads showing, whereas the passenger side has about 10mm.

Any help would be great.

Matt