ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loweing costs/ quotes

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Hello people just been to a couple of garages to get quotes on lowering my 1.2 16v by 35- 60mm on some budget uprated springs, i'v had quotes for £150 using pi springs by K1 tyres and wheels ilford and they also have a branch in forest gate east london, and my local custom exhaust place said that they can fit springs for £70 but want me to get my own springs, can anyone help me out and tell me what i should be looking to pay, and where i can get some springs from, or if anyone has a suspension kit for sale.

What budget springs/ kits would you recomend??

Also anyone able to fit some springs for me (based in Romford Essex but willing to travel to you) obviously cash and beer going to whoever can, its just that i am not confident enough to take apart my suspension on my own, so would like someone to guide me on how to do it, cos i am intersted in gaining some mechanical on cars in general.

Avoid Pi springs you'd be better off with apex if you are on a budget. If you are paying a garage most will probably charge you over £70 so that quote seems reasonable. Some people on here will do it for £40 if you can find a local to do it for you.

Eibach springs I recomend the APex are IMo a bit hard but just chnaging sprengs alone won't make for a great ride.

Budget spring and dmpers kits which are any good are dificult Apex do a few kits but again there quite a hard ride spend a bit on coilovers (£bottom price Fks'a are £420 or so).

You can do the job yourself get a Haynes manual and have a searhc rond on here theres a guide I belive somwhere.

Nas

Eunos Roadster
thanks for the help people, was looking at some guides, what are spring compressor, i believe i need them as my car isnt a sport model, cheers

Simply it's a tool that pulls and holds the coils of the spring together. That way you can remove the top mount and pull the strut apart without having a compressed spring ready to fire all the bits at your face as you take it apart.

Hello people just been to a couple of garages to get quotes on lowering my 1.2 16v by 35- 60mm on some budget uprated springs, i'v had quotes for £150 using pi springs by K1 tyres and wheels ilford and they also have a branch in forest gate east london, and my local custom exhaust place said that they can fit springs for £70 but want me to get my own springs, can anyone help me out and tell me what i should be looking to pay, and where i can get some springs from, or if anyone has a suspension kit for sale.

What budget springs/ kits would you recomend??

Also anyone able to fit some springs for me (based in Romford Essex but willing to travel to you) obviously cash and beer going to whoever can, its just that i am not confident enough to take apart my suspension on my own, so would like someone to guide me on how to do it, cos i am intersted in gaining some mechanical on cars in general.

who quoted that fella, see if we both go there at the same time they will do it for £50/£60.......

Nas

Eunos Roadster
yea i fancey trying it, facey that fella,?

Yeah mate deffo wudnt mind attempting(sp) to try fitting some springs with you, i havent really got anywhere level to do it apart from my front driveway, but i think i'v got nearly all the tools stands etc.
Where bouts are you based mate??