ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower Ball Joint on a Clio 182...

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
I phoned Renault and they said it has to be supplied with the wishbone :S which is pretty expensive. I've also checked my local motor factor and they don't list 1 for the 182 so am stuck lol.

Can anyone tell me if i can get them separate or am i gonna have to fork out for it from Renault???

Cheers, Jaff

Yeah i did buy 1 but it had smaller bolt holes where it attached to the wishbone. The 1s on the 182 have 13mm holes where as the non-sports have 10mm holes.

Would it make much difference using the 1s with the smaller holes???

Cheers, Jaff

Cro

Meg'd r27
I have drilled them out before and was fine. Wouldn't reccommend it on anyones car but my own, though I have had no problems. Also check the ones for the 2.0 meganes!

Clio 172 Ph1
For 172 you can buy balljoint OEM Renault number: 7701468411. They are for Renault Scenic or something like that and are with larger hole.

I believe they are the same for 182.

^^^^ i've tried them and they only do the joint with the 10mm hole.

Cheers skini i'll pop to renault on me break 2morra to see if i can order 1.

Thanx lads :D

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
If you get stuck for bits I have a few sources that I can get them from and I can sort you some discount out as well.

^^^^ just sent you a pm mate about getting hold of these ball joints.

Can any1 else tell me where i can get some from as they are gettin quite bad.

Cheers, Jaff

no none of them list it for the clio 182. when i rang renault you have to buy the wishbone which has the ball joint on. which is like £70 a side.

Jaff

Cro

Meg'd r27
Yeah thats why we suggested the ones above use that part number or ask for one from the 2.0 scenic.

I'll nip down to Renault 2morra and order some and I'll let you guys know if it works or not.

Cheers, jaffa

no none of them list it for the clio 182. when i rang renault you have to buy the wishbone which has the ball joint on. which is like £70 a side.

Jaff

That sounds like a good price for a genuine wishbone to me, new balljoint but also new bushes too. And no faffing changing balljoints over.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got a 172 ball joint from Joshydee on here - £35

Was in a local parts place on Monday and priced one for the craic - £6.70 :eek:

RS RIP
Allright !? Well 35 seems a bit steep, maybe it's with a complete new bolt/nut package ? When i was at Renault trying to order mine (much in doubt still) i found out that they charge pretty much for some of those bolt/nuts ; the think itself would be around 16 euros, but in all another 30 for the bolts etc. all round

Do you have a part no. of that one you have got now ?

"Navy" N17 TWO
No mate, the bottom ball joint I think is an aftermarket part - not 100% but it's fitted now :)

RB 182 cup
fitted one on mine last week, just rang up my local motor factor in stock and got them to send it down.

part number is FBJ5432 found a few websites stocking it when typed in google