ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower gearbox mount raise engine or drop subframe to change?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I can't seem to find any posts about changing the lower gearbox mount but mine seems like it needs replacing. It looks like you need a lot of clearance to get it out though as the threads are quite long on the top and bottom. Is it a case of unbolting all the other mounts and jacking the engine up or will anything else need disconnecting? Or will it need the subframe dropping to give enough clearance as it looks like you'd need a good 3" to get the new one in?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I always disconnect the dogbone as this allows the engine to swing on the two top mounts allowing the front r19 mount to lift clear of the subframe once the 4 bolts and 1 nut have been removed of course. You also have to move the PAS line which is bolted to the gearbox at the rear... or be brave and bend it (but thats your decision to make not an endorsement).

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I managed to do mine by raising the engine and using a lever bar with some brute force to get the new one in..