ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower RS inlet on a 172 - is there an actual benefit?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The RS inlet better matches the gasket, so it's thought it flows better and increases power.
The Phase 2 172 did come with an RS stamped lower inlet though

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Yes if it's not got one.
but if you haven't got one I would personally get some matched inlets as you will see a nice 10+ gain going from non rs inlets to matched.

Listerine & Poledo
You'll get to pull bits of your engine apart, put it back together and forever hope that disturbing it hasn't started the countdown to collapse.

You'll also make 0hp more than before

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i will have jamsport matched inlets for sale in a few weeks,if anyone gets 10bhp from them it would be a miracle

Listerine & Poledo
If you map the ECU to account for the new parts then maybe. Maybe.
But given how even a free-flow zorst wont give a 5hp gain on its own, how would a marginally improved inlet provide double?

Not saying impossible, but sounds more than unlikely, or iPhone app power-testing

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have matched inlets, came with the car. Like most things with these cars, pay your money, placebo affect kicked in. But if it feels better then crack on.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Well, As i have said before, Lots of people saying there is good gains and then just as many to say there are none.

Mine are on the way so will be able to say if there is any gains when i get it on a dyno to see.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi diagro can you link some threads mate to this where people say about the power increase even ALD said it does no good,you could have had mine cheap aswell

Not worth it. Get the head done if you want power.

Ok it's not a bolt on easy job for the everyday diyer

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Not worth it. Get the head done if you want power.

Ok it's not a bolt on easy job for the everyday diyer
Hi if forgot what is the cost of this and how much would it cost someone to take the head out of my car and replace

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
hi diagro can you link some threads mate to this where people say about the power increase even ALD said it does no good,you could have had mine cheap aswell

There were a bunch of threads several years ago when people were doing it, I can't remember any back to back comparisons on a rolling road tho?

Too many variables to know if comparing different cars so unless you do a back to back test on a dyno with your car it's hard to say. My 172 engine without RS stamped inlet felt much stronger than my 182 with RS stamped inlets. Both just had belts and dephaserand set up correctly.