ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower seats.......what can I do??

RenaultSport 172
These are my seats:

Fantom021632154188.jpg

I don't really want fixed buckets and sidemounts. So is there a way of making these lower? As far as I know they are just on the normal cobra subframes that come with the seat.
Without me having to go to the trouble of taking a seat out to see if something custom can be done, has anyone done something similar?
If you know of anyone, please direct them to this thread. I'd like to see what my options are.
These seats are worth a fair bit so I wouldn't be that bothered about swapping them for another set as long as I can sit another inch or two lower. Don't want a fixed back seat though :( Maybe thats my only option?

Please help
Steve

Chocolate Bar™
you can go to cobra and purchase an extra low subframe for it, but many people have had problems installing them as the design is a bit crap. however, when i was down at cobra looking at some misano R1's they said they had revised the design so should be fine now.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
just take the 15mm washers out then it will be perfect! thats what i did on my drivers side and i think its a perfect dricing postion! imo :) woudnt want to be any lower!

Megane 2 GT 165
@Paul: Are these 15mm washers also fitted to the standard FF clio? Does these washer lower the seat by 15mm? or are they 15mm outer/inner diameter which I think they are? Sorry for all these questions but I haven't had my seat out, but I am well intrested.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
@Paul: Are these 15mm washers also fitted to the standard FF clio? Does these washer lower the seat by 15mm? or are they 15mm outer/inner diameter which I think they are? Sorry for all these questions but I haven't had my seat out, but I am well intrested.

the 15mm washers are relating to the cobra subframes! :) nothing to do with clio seats! :)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Best seats for the money.

i would agree! you can get better! but for comfort (i now dont get a bad back in the car) and for feel there great!!! i guess its the same old story you get what you pay for but for 600.00 im impressed! (made me keep the car) LOL

RenaultSport 172
I paid £500 for mine. I don't remember the washers though? which part of the subframe are the washers attached to?
Are your subframes the extra low version? or just same as mine?

Thanks
Steve

RenaultSport 172

the 15mm washers are relating to the cobra subframes! :) nothing to do with clio seats! :)

^^^^^^

clio 172 sport mk2
just recently burnt a small fag hole on my drivers seat, Its on the lower part of the seat. It is a phase 2 172 with the half leather.
anyone got any ideas on how much this will be to replace or fix?
would my best bet be going to renault?, because i want a brand new part of the seat to be honest, but reckon this will be costly!
any ideas plz post
thanx!