ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lOWERED MY 172 40MM!

Lowered my Mk2 172 40MM yesterday. Looks amazing but I have now found out that when Im going over bumby roads the wheels tend to hit the wheel arches for a brief second. its probably cause I have 17s on but Im really worried about having 5 people in the car. perhaps 40mm is too low.

Any one else have this problem and will it have any severe damage? 1

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

sorry to be a pain in the @rse .. but I just wondering if you would post a few pics.. I want to see what it looks like.

Did you get the correct offset ? maybe if you take out the rubber sh*t gaurds it will stop it causing rubbing.

i second the request for piccys. ive got my coilovers sat at home and 17s on order, i hope it wont rub but looks like its going to :(

7.6cc :D

Im lowered about the same on 17s i do get rubbing, but i just ignore it, plus i very rarely have rear passengers! (they can walk)

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 06 May 2003

i second the request for piccys. ive got my coilovers sat at home and 17s on order, i hope it wont rub but looks like its going to :(
Coilovers allow bigger wheels, you might be ok, if your car was lowered -40mm on the coilovers theyd be a lot less problems compared to normal -40mm lowering springs.

-Rob

coilovers only reduce problems of wheels rubbing against the strut as its a smaller unit, to my knowledge it will still have problems on the arch side when dropped the same hieght on the same offset wheels no matter if its springs or coilovers, but hope they dont

Clio 1.6 16V

Andysport, Ive lowered my MK2 172 using -40mm Chassis Dynamic springs. I only get rubbing on the front at slow fullish lock. Im still running the standard Reno wheels and Contis. Mine arent rubbing the arches, just the front of the liners right behind the headlight area. Heated the area up with a heat gun and pushed the liner back a bit. Only does it under extreme conditions now.

Picture of mine;

http://www.fifegallery.co.uk/domains/cliosport/lowered_suspension.jpghttp://www.fifegallery.co.uk/domains/cliosport/lowered_suspension.jpg