ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered my car

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Lowered my car on Apex 40mm springs on Sunday, and now its clean Ive took some pics of it with my phone. Crappy quality but you get the gist. It looks much better in higher resolution reality!

It has gone from this:

http://www.haznick.f2s.com/pics/cleansidezoom.jpg

http://www.haznick.f2s.com/pics/before1.jpg

To this:

http://www.haznick.f2s.com/pics/lowered.jpg

http://www.haznick.f2s.com/pics/aerial2.jpg

Also sporting a new CTR aerial courtesy of patty.

Thanks go to Gary G for the springs and a big thanks to Fred for fitting them for me, after the nightmare he had doing them! lol sorry!

Looking better now and handles a bit better (except over speed bumps!) and without so much body roll.

Cheers! Cant believe how high it looks in that first picture compared to now.

Not sure what the tint %s are. I bought it with them already done off RafChandler on here. The fronts must be pretty close to legality though. I keep meaning to go down to Autoglass and ask them but keep forgetting.

Abarth 500

what kind of price did u pay for the springs? am a bit dmb really just need to check if u get the springs with they just go on standard shocks? cheers

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by welsh172 on 02 August 2005
what kind of price did u pay for the springs? am a bit dmb really just need to check if u get the springs with they just go on standard shocks? cheers

new around £90-£110
second hand around £60

and yes they filt on standard shocks

(as long as the bloody nuts arent ALL rusted solid!!)

They are roughly £88 new without p+p depending on where you go. I paid £65 for Garys off his 182.

Mine is on standard shocks so yes.

Abarth 500

cheers guys whats the best springs to go for? will go for coilovers eventually but theres sum fluff and a button in my wallet at the moment so springs will do for now i wanna buy just need to know the best ones cheers

Abarth 500

thank you mr fred, :p gonna try and fit them myself, am not a numpty am good with my hands (no dirty comments please) but dont wanna get it wrong :S

Lionel Richie

its not hard, if you need any help/advice give me a ring on 07769712624

oh and another goood thing is you dont need springs compressors (even though everyone reckons you do)

Abarth 500

sweet, cheers m8 might get a twichy finger and order sum tonight once i find the cheapest website :D

Those pesky nuts eh! :mad: Thank the Lord for those electric wrench guns.

Welsh172 - About £96 delivered IIRC from www.motorsportworld.co.uk or www.europerformance.co.uk

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 August 2005

oh and another goood thing is you dont need springs compressors (even though everyone reckons you do)

yup not needed them on 172 or 182(not so sure on base models though) so if you use them on an RS model clio youre a cocoshunting cockjockey!!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 August 2005

yup not needed them on 172 or 182(not so sure on base models though) so if you use them on an RS model clio youre a cocoshunting cockjockey!!

theyre needed on base model clios, but only for the front (i still dont use them, i see how far i can fire the top mounts down the road)

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 August 2005oh and another goood thing is you dont need springs compressors (even though everyone reckons you do)

theyre needed on base model clios, but only for the front (i still dont use them, i see how far i can fire the top mounts down the road)

your neighbours must love you, lol.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Nice mate...Ur fronts are no where near the legal limit tho! lol...looks like 30%

Cheers all. I wasnt keen on tints when I first looked for a 172 but they grew on me. I think they look ok against Iceburg Silver, but wasnt keen on some I saw on Cup blue.

I thought 30% or even 25% is the legal limit for front passenger windows now?

Clio 172 mk2

Looks mint mate, Ive got same motor and want to lower it. For some reason they seem to look jacked up in iceburg silver!! Might have to invest!!!

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 03 August 2005

The legal position is that the front side windows on all cars must allow 70% of light to pass through them (30% tint).

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Rip3z on 03 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 03 August 2005

The legal position is that the front side windows on all cars must allow 70% of light to pass through them (30% tint).

which alot of cars actually have as standard glass