ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered Recaro seat adaptors for Trophy,Trendlines etc

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have finally fitted both lower drivers side ones. They are incredible well made I will give it that. And now when i get into the car I fall into the seat. I also removed the plastic spacers for those extra few mm.

Smart Car, MX-5, 197
Stoopid question alert, but I'm looking to get another 182 and I'll need to put some Trendlines in it if I can't get one with them - in that case do I just need to remove the OEM seats from their runners, bolt these brackets to the rails, then the seat to the brackets?

Ex 182 owner
In a word yes you will also need to remove the tensioners.

The only2 issue you have will be the air bag lights as 182 seats have airbags. Trophy trendlines don't, so factory fitted cars have the airbag ecu reprogrammed to not look for them. Its a simple resistor fix otherwise and there are threads on here that will help you with that. The second issue is that you won't have the covers for the tensioners. so you can either make some or go without.

Smart Car, MX-5, 197
Thanks dablk, I seem to remember my last 182 had some proper terminators that plugged into the airbag loom to stop the light coming on, but will probably look at getting it turned off in the ECU if I retrofit some seats.

Does anyone have a pic of the seatbelt tensioner covers the Recaros have (I assume these are different to the regular ones)?

Smart Car, MX-5, 197
I ended up buying a 197 with Recaros already fitted! Wish I could have had a set of these when I had my previous 182 though, it's things like this that can really make a difference to a car.

RS2004
My contribution:
Received the adapters really quick, very good job done by Jon in designing these adapters! Clio doesn't feel like driving a delivery truck any longer, seating position vastly improved and very easy to install. If you want to feel like having more control and want a racing bucket seat like position, get these adapters.

Img_1733a.jpg
Img_1735a.jpg
Img_1739a.jpg
Img_1740a.jpg