ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering 1.2 16v - how low

Hi

To begin with, i dont know a great deal about cars. My car is just over one year old (2002) I want to lower it. But i dont know how low. I dont want to compromise on handling or ride.

I was thinking about 40mm, can anyone show me a pic of their lowered car and state how much it was lowered by.

And also , i currerntly have the standard 15" alloys on, what is the largest i could go without having to roll arches?

EDIT: i just wanted to add that it is for comsmetic purposes only.

Kind Regards

Phunkey_Monkeh

There are a few members who have lowered theres on 17 inch wheels with --40mm and -60mm springs so youll have no problem going that far on standard wheels. Im sure theyll post their pictures when they see this thread!

Thanks for the replies.

If i do lower 60mm, am i going to cause problems for myself if i want to go to 16" or 17" wheels?

And does my clio have 2 or 4 springs?

Cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

shut up 4 shocks!!!

mine are fine freds are fine

just dont aim for pot holes

Well if its purely cosmetic and u dont really care about wearing the standards out then keep them if you wanna be a cheap pikey like Tom but id change them!

Doesnt it just make the wheels look huge!

You shouldnt of lowered it that far into you found them! Are k-tecs coilovers ready yet as you could just get them.

Ok

I;ve had a quote for £178. This includes 60mm spax springs and fitting?

Is this good?

PS. They wanted £450 for a full shock kit (spax) and fitting.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 18 March 2003

Ok

Is this good?

PS. They wanted £450 for a full shock kit (spax) and fitting.

yeah sounds ok but you can do it your self for free where you based?

Rik your clio looks f**king cool..so tempted to just go mental on mine :cry:

Had a good laugh at that horrible new scooby pic, yuck!

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 18 March 2003

Ok

Is this good?

hmm i wont pay more than 40-60 quid for fitting, have a ring around to get a quote