ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowering 1.2 16v - how low

Hi

To begin with, i dont know a great deal about cars. My car is just over one year old (2002) I want to lower it. But i dont know how low. I dont want to compromise on handling or ride.

I was thinking about 40mm, can anyone show me a pic of their lowered car and state how much it was lowered by.

And also , i currerntly have the standard 15" alloys on, what is the largest i could go without having to roll arches?

EDIT: i just wanted to add that it is for comsmetic purposes only.

Kind Regards

Phunkey_Monkeh

There are a few members who have lowered theres on 17 inch wheels with --40mm and -60mm springs so youll have no problem going that far on standard wheels. Im sure theyll post their pictures when they see this thread!

Thanks for the replies.

If i do lower 60mm, am i going to cause problems for myself if i want to go to 16" or 17" wheels?

And does my clio have 2 or 4 springs?

Cheers

Well if its purely cosmetic and u dont really care about wearing the standards out then keep them if you wanna be a cheap pikey like Tom but id change them!

Doesnt it just make the wheels look huge!

You shouldnt of lowered it that far into you found them! Are k-tecs coilovers ready yet as you could just get them.

Ok

I;ve had a quote for £178. This includes 60mm spax springs and fitting?

Is this good?

PS. They wanted £450 for a full shock kit (spax) and fitting.

Tom

EV

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 18 March 2003

Ok

Is this good?

PS. They wanted £450 for a full shock kit (spax) and fitting.

yeah sounds ok but you can do it your self for free where you based?

Rik your clio looks f**king cool..so tempted to just go mental on mine :cry:

Had a good laugh at that horrible new scooby pic, yuck!

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 18 March 2003

Ok

Is this good?

hmm i wont pay more than 40-60 quid for fitting, have a ring around to get a quote