ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering 182 ..

clio sport 182
i am thinking of lowering my 182 ff .. not completely worried about ride if its break your back or not, just want overall ride height lowered so the arch gaps are alot less. has any1 got any pictures (before and after) of theres lowered and how much by so i will have more idea.

also will lowering so arch gaps cause any problems?? like front splitter being ripped off or f**king the arches or rubing etc etc??

thanks aaron

koi

Audi S1
On sportlines...

3395845182_5c642c37a9_z.jpg

Looking for 182
Before Eibach Sportlines:

img1002w.jpg

After Eibach Sportlines:

photosk.jpg

Perfect for me right now, although I'm considering getting some Turinis, which are the same size but seem to 'look' smaller than the standard 182 wheels, so I'ma bit worried that the arch gaps will be more obvious when sitting on the Sportlines with Turinis.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
40mm is f*ck all.

80mm is where you have to be careful with bumps. I have to crawl over them.

35d0fb53.jpg

8da857c2.jpg

cc7dfce5.jpg

clio sport 182
also .. few other questions

1. if buying 40mm lowering srpings will this fully drop the car by 40mm or does it work out slightly less?

2. is it just my 182 ff .. but it looks like the arch gap on the front is more than the rear .. does any1 no springs which could sort this so like 30mm back and 40mm front??

thanks again aaron

Looking for 182
2. is it just my 182 ff .. but it looks like the arch gap on the front is more than the rear .. does any1 no springs which could sort this so like 30mm back and 40mm front??

thanks again aaron

I found this on the standard cup suspension as well. The Sportlines I put on did seem to drop the front more than the back, so it looks much more sensible now.

Looking for 182

thanks again aaron

I found this on the standard cup suspension as well. The Sportlines I put on did seem to drop the front more than the back, so it looks much more sensible now.

Clio 182
One thing to take note is the lower it is doesn't always mean the better it'll handle. If sportlines lowered more than 25mm i'd have a set but you can barely tell imo. 40mm ftw

500 Twinair
Uprated springs are good, but what about the dampers, do they need replacing, what milage are they on etc.
You are probably better getting a set of vmax or ktec coilovers, you will get new springs plus new dampers and the choice on how low you want it.
Things to consider, going too low will rip your front arches protectors to shreds, and may catch your front splitter and cat when going over speedhumps.
Also going really low will mess the handling on the 182.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
40mm is f*ck all.

80mm is where you have to be careful with bumps. I have to crawl over them.

35d0fb53.jpg

8da857c2.jpg

cc7dfce5.jpg

the 182 exhaust doesnt sit anywhere near as low as the 172 though, its not body work that catches its the center pipe and silencer, scrapes on pretty much everything inless you approcah is right

500 Twinair
The cat sits low on the 182, but also the front arches where the bumper joins has a lip which catches.

Looking for 182
One thing to take note is the lower it is doesn't always mean the better it'll handle. If sportlines lowered more than 25mm i'd have a set but you can barely tell imo. 40mm ftw

The drop on my 182 was noticeable when I fitted Sportlines. Look at the pictures above, and look at the difference with the front arch gap.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
the 182 exhaust doesnt sit anywhere near as low as the 172 though, its not body work that catches its the center pipe and silencer, scrapes on pretty much everything inless you approcah is right

They're both the same height. Same design.

Ph1 172's have the twin barrel cats, which hang lower. But On my old Ph1 172, it never caused me an issue.

Your arches will foul long before the car bottoms out on the cat or centre section.

Civic Type S GT
Coilovers or the springs from Prima Racing that lower the Clio equal height front and back.

Fiesta ST-3
The drop on my 182 was noticeable when I fitted Sportlines. Look at the pictures above, and look at the difference with the front arch gap.

Not that noticeable really. The back looks practically the same. Either way... coilovers now or in a few months.... it is inevitable

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
If you have the money, it best lowering on coilovers, then if you really dont like it, or its to low you alway have the option of cranking them up a bit.

Sam.

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
If your on a budget then 40mm drop on Eibach springs does the job just fine. I've got that set up and you dont have to crawl at 5mph getting over speed bumps! and they handle ok too. If you have got plently of money the coil overs. It all depends on budget.

clio sport 182
jewson172 - does it matter u have a 172 and i have the 182 with the cup packs ?? coz thought mine would b slightly lower

One Phat Clio
Im not thread stealing however its clearly related, i think,

your lowering your 182 right? Well if it says;

Lowers car by: 60/40 mm

At what measurement does it lower? i Hope you feel this is relevant to the thread, as im slightly miss-understanding their literature

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
jewson172 - does it matter u have a 172 and i have the 182 with the cup packs ?? coz thought mine would b slightly lower

yeah i think yours would be slightly lower, but other people say the 172's sit lower so im now not sure myself. :S