ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a Mk1

Can someone please send me the guide from the member section on the hompage. I cant access it as my meemership has expired and i cant renew it till the new forum is up.

Im having trouble with my torsion bar. I take it out jack the rear arm up put it back in and when i let the jack go its staying the same height?

Thanks

Mark

If youre putting it back in exactly the same as it came out itll stay the same height. Youll probably have to twist it round a spline, though ive never done it myself so im not sure.

See ya

Matt

which way would i need to turn it? I thought it might be something like that but it doesnt seem to want to go into the next spline. Bloody thing. hehe. Am i ok to do one side at a time?

Mark

ive not done this myself but ive heard people talk about. aparently you can do one side at a time but dont quote me on that.

Aparently you jack the hubs or arm up to desired height. if it splits in the middle jack the arm up and if its sealed then jack the hubs then just get the torsion bar back in. dont think it matters which way aslong as it slots in.

Hope this helps

Im pulling it out jacking the arm up then the only place the bar will go back in is where it was taken out, but if i do this then let the jack off the arm it just drops to the same height.:confused:

Thought id done the hard bit getting the bars out. hehe. Im just missing something.

Thanks anyway Pete. hehe.

Mark

What differance does it matter jacking the hubs or the arms? surely you can put the jack under the disc or calliper on the open types and it wont make a differance. Thanks Mole.

Mark

500bhp Scoob

youll have to fiddle about with jacking the hub/arm up and down a bit, so that the splines line up properly on the bar, but it should go in without too much trouble.

im not sure on the difference, thats just what ive been told in the past.

That guide makes a bit more sense than the bloody haynes maxpower manual ive just read. Ill give it one last go before work.

Mark

No still havent got it. Which part should actually be turning as i jack the rear arm up? the bracket in the centre? If so surely its easier to do it with both bar removed?

Thanks for all the help.

Mark

Ive given up for today. I know if someone was to show me what i was meant to be doing itd be easy. Might give it ago tomorrow with one of my mates and do both at the same time.

Its annoying because i know its an easy job im just not getting something. hehe.

Mark

not sure try jackin it up a bit more, how much are you trying to lower it by? is it sealed(closed) or unsealed (open)

Just off topic like but what did you use to get the bar out?