ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering advice wiv 17’s

i wana fit 7x17" alloys on my valver but only if they are not going to restrict how i use the car,how much car i sensibly lower it(without arch rubbing)but so it will still look a nice height.its currently at standard height

thanks

A SHED!

I had my lowered 50mm on standard dampers.....the wheel came up and cracked my wing.oops. Get the shocks as well I recommend.

ive got 17" and gaz coilovers, i found it a right pain in the arse to stop it rubbing tbh, the drop overall is prolly about 20-25mm but it was dropped lower but i couldnt go round a corner without it rubbing the top of the arch, so i basically had to raise it right up to stop it, still looks ok thou, and the handling is way better now, but im not sure about a 30mm drop using un-adjustable stuff, would be great in sweeping curves, but parking or pulling out of t junctions ud be gritting ure teeth with the sound it would make imo

i lowered mine a couple of weeks ago, using bb tuning springs that were supposedly in the 30-40mm drop but i thought it didnt seem that much, and did the torsion bar myself by about 55mm ish, looks good imo. Get a bit of knocking from the exhaust where it goes over the rear beam when i am 4 up with a full tank of fuel, had to tweak my arch liners a little as they werent where they should be.

i guess it all depends on what offset rims youve got, i got mine from prima racing 35mm offset williams replicas in silver 7 inch rim, seems ok, didnt change the overall ride quality either to be honest!

dan