ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering costs

Naples Valver

i have ordered some-55mm springs from k-tec and was wondering if they would be ok on my 1.2 (1995 ph2) with 195/50/15 tyers, and how much am i looking at getting them put on, and lowering torsion bar to match?

torsion bar £40-50 at a garage. fronts ive heard as much as 150 and as little as 30 depending on where you go. thats on the mark 1s though.

cant you do them matey? just get some spring compressors?? or a mate or somat?

shame your so far away otherwise i would have done it for you

not sure how much ppl pay for that cos i did mine but i paid £75 for my torsion bar to be done

also mine is dropped 55mm and is on 15s (same size tyres too) it is no prob at all mine never rubs unless you go over a bump at 60mph!! :oops: and mines an N reg 1.4rt so its practically the same

hope that helps

vix :)

Quote: Originally posted by powelly on 13 November 2003

cant you do them matey? just get some spring compressors?? or a mate or somat?

shame your so far away otherwise i would have done it for you

not sure how much ppl pay for that cos i did mine but i paid £75 for my torsion bar to be done

also mine is dropped 55mm and is on 15s (same size tyres too) it is no prob at all mine never rubs unless you go over a bump at 60mph!! :oops: and mines an N reg 1.4rt so its practically the same

hope that helps

vix :)

U go girl...

Most women i know cant remove a cork from a wine bottle, let alone tackle suspension struts from there clio. Well done

(so when you going to come round and do mine?)

I have 195/50/15 lowered 35mm, and the rear arches are having to be gutted so they dont scrape.. all depends on the alloy I guess.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Do it yourself, get some spring compressors off a mate or for 20 quid at halfords, the rest can be done for nothing. Rear torsion bar is easy, follow the guide on daz-uk.com, thats what I did, took me a day to do the lot and I aint got a clue about cars!!

Naples Valver

thanks for the help guys, i thourght it would be quite hard to replace the springs, the most i have done is replaced the wishbones, i think i might get some spring compressors over the weekend and give it a go.

would i need the traking done after i replace the springs?

Check the info on the Cliosport Homepage- there is a note on how to lower a clio on one of the choices on the articles section I think? Not hard to find- read it yesterday and it looks straightforward enough.