ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering my Car

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
Hi,

Just a quick question I wanna lower my car but dont know what to get ?? :eek:

Would it be ok to just get springs or a suspension kit ?? I prob wanna get just springs but will the bugger up my standard shocks??

Cheers Matt

www.renparts.co.uk
up to 40mm its ok to use the standard shocks. If your lowering 60mm is a minimum if you want it to look good imo. im running standard shocks with 60mm springs, but i doubt theyre going to last that long thats why im buying some shorter shocks. The Apex 60mm kit is good value or if your wanting to splash cash on adjustable suspension and damping look at coilovers by fk etc.
hope that helps
thanks josh

Best get new dampers and springs at the same time.
If you lower the car on any springs damper life will be reduced by how muc noone has realy proved there wear qucikly and people end up going to coilovers or changing the dampers usually after a while.
If you cannot afford new dampers as well I wouldn't bother with just spring Eisbeck are good spring if you only want to do springs.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I initially had just 40mm springs, but after a couple of months one of my rear shocks leaked.

I took the opportunity to upgrade the whole lot to coilovers. If you are thinking of a suspension kit and can afford this option, it's the best to go for. You can lower it as much/little as you like then.

There is currently a group buy for FK Coilovers on here I think.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i think his keyboards on fire cos hes done almost 3000 posts.