ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering my valver......What to change.

Bumder With A Buffer

For months my valvers handling has been, well CRAP! i feel every bump in the road and when going along on a straight flat bit of road it feels like the back end is wobbling slightly (Had new tyres last month that were balanced etc so its not tracking or anything!). Also the car sits lower on one side than the other, its NOT lowered at the mo and i want to get it lowered but wot else should i change whilst there?? I mean should i replace all the shocks and bushes that ar originals and probably buggered???

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

to actually lower it you just need new front springs and the rear torsion bar resetting. check all balljoints and suspension bushes etc and replace what appears worn.

check the shocks. when i lowered mine the other week the old springs were cracked, so this might be one of the problems

Bumder With A Buffer

THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE BUSHES AND SHOCKS. WHICH BRINGS ME ONTO MY NEXT QUESTION.... WHAT SPRINGS AND OR SHOCKS ARE BEST TO GET???? I.E EIBACH ETC???

320d

Id bet money youve got a cracked spring if your cars sitting on a slant. If its been like that for months when was the MOT? coz it wouldnt pass an MOT with a cracked spring

Id say standard shocks and standards springs.. are best..

But if you want it lowered, standard shocks and a small drop? Or get the full setup.. maybe some Coilovers? Hehe.

Bumder With A Buffer

Id bet money youve got a cracked spring if your cars sitting on a slant. If its been like that for months when was the MOT? coz it wouldnt pass an MOT with a cracked spring

MOT was only last month and they didnt mention anything.

Like the idea of coilovers.... adjustable ones but they can be expensive cant they???

For springs....get Eibach for best comfort and performance.....other springs are cheap but they may be very hard, depends if you mind really. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Bumder With A Buffer

So i could lower the car with springs on front and keep the original shocks??? and the same with the rear lowering it but keeping the original shocks???

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

ure best bet is to get a SPAX suspension kit, with all the springs and shock absorbers. if u say that the car is crashing alot that could be because your shocks r on the way out. ure best bet is also gettin new bushes as they dont cost much compared to wot cud happen if they damage ure new kit! get -40mm max, or else ull start having probs gettin into driveways ect.

-phil-

(plus, the job is easy if u have all the tools... dont pay a garage to do it for u as itll cost about £100 depending on where u live!)