ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering on 16’s

can anyone help me? just bought a clio mk2 phase 1, i want to lower it by 60mm on 16s, is this possible? if it is will i need to do anything to the arches, and will the shock absorbers be ok this low? cheers if u can help me anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

you should really change the shocks as well as the springs if you goin -60mm.

i lowered mine 30mm with 16s when first got car, it caught alot on the rear bumper, and the inside rear arch protectors but you can take them off easily.

front shouldnt be too much of a prob tho.

C4 Grand Picasso

Ive got a Mk2 clio (ph2 though - but basically the same car) 16" wheels, lowered on 60mm springs only. I have had 5(fat) people in the car many times and havent had any rubbing at all.

Replacing only the springs will shorten the life of your original shocks. IIRC there are people on here who have had the springs+original shocks combo for 18months with no problems.

Do a Search for 60mm springs in the Exterior, Power and Mechanical section, there has been loads of threads on this subject - Im sure any questions you have will have been answered already.

Mike.

ps: I think the general opinion is 60mm is the lowest to go - I have read many times people have gone the 30mm route and wished they had gone lower.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Levo on 05 April 2004

I think the general opinion is 60mm is the lowest to go - I have read many times people have gone the 30mm route and wished they had gone lower.
i keep telling everyone not to bother with 30/40mm!!!!!!!!! No one listen to me!!!!!!

BTW 110mm is the max you can drop the rear of the car on 17s