ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering on standard shocks

1.2 16v
right, i have a dynamique, considering a 60mm drop.

if i do this i will get -60mm springs then get some uprated shocks in a month or so, is this ok?

will it damage anything in the mean time? or cause my weels to rub?

thanks.

RB 182 Cup
they would be ok if your only using for a month, i wouldnt trust them myself thats why i went down 40 until i could afford coilovers :)

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
fitting lowering springs causes the damper to overstroke the main and most apparent problem with this is they start to leak as the seals fail. the other thing is they are less effective and bottom out easier

O4 Dynamique
dont do it u idiot, just save up, dont be a stinge, and get full coilovers if u want to do a 60mm drop.
Love u loads roders xxxxxxx

Punto/Clio GTT
i was lowered 60 mil on just springs for well over a year, no problems.

a month til you get uprated shocks is no time at all, will be fine.

1.2 16v
there is no chance in hell im paying 500 for coilovers, i have now pretty much decided to get eibach sportlines, 45-50mm drop on front, 30 on rear, anyone have anyexperience of these springs?

i have seen the for £130, advice welcome, cheers

No need for uprated shock stock shocks just won't last as long and I don't rate any of the uprated damper kits out there.

Personaly coilovers FK for £420 minimum or forget it its just not worth just springs alone.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
there is no chance in hell im paying 500 for coilovers, i have now pretty much decided to get eibach sportlines, 45-50mm drop on front, 30 on rear, anyone have anyexperience of these springs?

i have seen the for £130, advice welcome, cheers

I got these for my 1.2 16v from K-tec. Designed to use on standard shocks and did the job perfectly well IMO. Pic below after fitting....
02.jpg