ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering prices

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Well iv just ordered a set of springs from K Tec (anyone know how long they usually take to arrive) an im hoping to find somewhere or someone local who will do the job for me.

Any ideas on how much i should be paying to get the job done?? dont wanna be robbed but then dont want a bodge job!

Cheers

-- I was thinkin i could fit the springs myself, anyone know how hard it is to do so?? Just thought it would save on the cost abit, only need the torsion bar doing then

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 172.
Both easy as mate, and a haynes manual will show you how to do both. £10 for a haynes manual is alot cheaper and you'l gain knowledge ;)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
if only ur were close, i would have done it for £20, done a few in the past month, 35mins 2 lower the hole car is my record so far:rasp:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
thats on a mark 2 mind

u got a mk1 so u got a torsion bar which r a pain in the f ing arse

RenaultSport 172.
....35 mins...hurm.
think im around 45 on a mk1....thats changing front springs and adjusting the torsion bar.

to change the front on the valver between the standard/coilovers i think i could do it in about 20 mins IIRC :D

(thats with them set up and everything already )

Mk1 Maxim Sport
lol well iv heard many horror stories bout how much of a b**ch torsion bars are to do. Rage if u can do it that quickly then ill bring me tools and jack an u can do it at the next meet for a bit of cash lol.

If not ill mission down to stafford if ur offerin :p

Gona have a drive round more local garages tommorow and get quotes from them. Cheers all

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^^ sorted, as soon as their ere ill give ya a text an sort summat out!!

Anyone know how long K Tec take on delivery?!?!?!

RenaultSport 172.
yeah if all else fails mate, pop down and ill do them it for you :D

wont take that long....think ive done abut 14 now lol

Mk1 Maxim Sport
fukin ell, does it matter as to how tight the torsion bar is or is it all pretty simple?? Im off to buy that haynes manual now!

RenaultSport 172.
depends what method you use to pull out the torsion bars...

if your using a sliding hammer, it may be abit hard....

but rage has his own method thats garantueed to get ANY torsion bar out ;) aha

Mk1 Maxim Sport
depends what method you use to pull out the torsion bars...

if your using a sliding hammer, it may be abit hard....

but rage has his own method thats garantueed to get ANY torsion bar out ;) aha

Well looks like a trip down to stafford is on the cards! gotta pick some stuff up from brummy land anyway so could pop bye ;)

Mk1 Maxim Sport
U available any days next week pal or u in work?? i could either pop down in the day or mon, tues, wednesday evening next week. Tis up to u!! How much u want in ur pocket for doin it pal?

RenaultSport 172.
erm...cant do monday or tuesday full stop. but can do wednesday/thursday/friday DAY ....(got work at 5) or can do saturday whenever :)

Call it the price of a drink mate!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
sorted, Wednesday alrite then??? im workin monday nite now so im only free wednesday. Thatll be great mate nice one. What time u want me to get there so i know when to set off. How long did it take u to get to the kk meet in manchester???

RenaultSport 172.
erm....erm best to come off at junction 12 mate :)
yeah wednesday's sound mate :)

Clio 1.4 Maxim
took me and my dad a full dad to fit coilovers to the front of my mk1 and less then 3 hours to do the torsion bar on my own, was easy, just follow the haynes clio modified manual, thats how i did it.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
nice one fella, ill pm u closer to time an arrange times etc cheers fella! Pickin a haynes modifying manual an induction kit up from a lad in birimingham so on the way back ill stop at urs. that ok?? Cheers pal