ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering some more

Trophy #387
Currently:
251274_10150640313835046_732270045_18890804_4814743_n.jpg

247245_1980147737772_1065516830_2299159_5823204_n.jpg
(red badge)

Basically, I don't know how much it's lowered because the previous owner didn't know (lol)... I'm guessing around 40mm, but your guess is probably a lot better than mine. What I do know is that it's on springs, and not coilovers.

However, it's a 1.2L and it's slow anyway, I don't need it lowered a certain amount for optimum track performance or anything so I want it slammed, and much lower to the ground than it currently is.

Will I HAVE to buy coilies to lower it more, or is there any way I could get it even lower on the springs I already have (ie cutting the springs down?)

Cheers

Trophy #387
Would I die?

I kind of get bummed whenever I hit a pothole now and I can't take passengers without having complaints about the ride, but f**k 'em...

clio 182
Its your car mate, if your passengers dont like it tell them they can walk!

coilovers are the best option, dont think they are expensive for non sports anyway

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Its your car mate, if your passengers dont like it tell them they can walk!

coilovers are the best option, dont think they are expensive for non sports anyway

Well said! That's what I say when my mates **** off my car for whatever reason! Soon shuts em up wen they face an 8 mile walk ha ha ;)

Trophy #387
Ok so if i want to go any lower i'll need coilies...

Anyone care to guess how much mine's been lowered? Or could anyone at least tell me the best way to measure it/find out!

Toyota MR2
I had mine 60mm on the front and 70mm on the back on Apex shocks. SERIOUSLY bumpy and IMO not low enough on the front. Coilies give you the perfect stance.