ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering springs for Dynamique?

The girlfriend would like to lower her 1.2 Dynamique slightly (about 35mm).

She soesn't want to spend too much money, and she won't be concerned about improving handling, it's just for looks, as she's female.

K-Tec have some springs for £80 made by Ultimate that would seem to fit the bill, just wondered whether anyone had used them?

Only thing I am concerned about is I don't want the car to become too crashy over bumps. Obviously expect a firmer ride, but don't want it so the cd skips over every little bump, which seems to happen with cheap springs.

She doesn't really want to pay the £140 for sportlines or the like, so opinions?

RB 200 Cup!
ive had those exact springs on my 1.6 dynamique - had no probs with em whatsoever. never had CD's skip on me either

So the ride was fine? Was it a smooth firm, or a harsh firm? eg my 172 is a smooth firm ride in my eyes.

I have to ask these questions, if I fit springs to her car and she doesn't like them, I will never hear the end of it lol.

RB 200 Cup!
obviosuly harder than standard but not harsh at all - just usual kinda take it slow over speed bumps - apart from that should be fine

obviosuly harder than standard but not harsh at all - just usual kinda take it slow over speed bumps - apart from that should be fine

Ok, well thanks for that. At least I know they should be fine. I can buy them with confidence lol.

C

Clio_Craig

u will ave to ask some 1 just to confirm that, but i saw him offer them to haz and he has a ph2

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Ohh... im in talks with Ruff but he hasn't replied! Xzibit u can take them, coz im getting some -40mm this weekend. :)

Ph 1 172
ive got the 60mm lowering springs from them and no cd skipping and ride aint as firm as i thought it would be good springs if your on a budget in my point of view!!!!!

Ohh... im in talks with Ruff but he hasn't replied! Xzibit u can take them, coz im getting some -40mm this weekend. :)

Have PM'd him.

Get the KTR springs (they are made by Apex).

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=247

I have these on my car. It says -35mm but it's more like 40mm.

Ride is fairly harsh, but only if you hit a big enough hole in the road.

Will look into those cheers, didn't realise they were made by Apex.

ive got the 60mm lowering springs from them and no cd skipping and ride aint as firm as i thought it would be good springs if your on a budget in my point of view!!!!!

Thanks for the advice. :)