ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering springs i can't decide....

bmw e92 330d '09
hi everyone in the next week im going to be buying some lowering springs for my clio... :approve:

i was wondering where would you recommend buying them from i have already looked at kam racing as i know they are very highly rated with the guys and gal's on here, i was just wondering if there is anybody else?? :S

also i can't decide wether to go apex 40mm or something else on 50mm i would preferbly like to go 50mm incase 40mm isn't enough but i am also unsure what brand of springs to go for but i do want something good i.e eibach / apex. i don't mind paying good money but i don't really want to be going over £150 because at the end of the day there only springs, however, i do believe you get what you pay for, and i like stuff to be spot on... but then again who doesn't?? :rasp: haa haa!

so what would you recommend and where from??

thanks in advance

James x

Personally, I think you need to go at least 60mm for it to be even noticable on a non-RS. I've got 60mm Apex on mine, got them for couple of quid under £100 delivered from www.europerformance.co.uk
Handles a lot better, but it's a lot bumpier than standard.

bmw e92 330d '09
JCC did you replace the shocks?? i know people go mad on here and call you all-sorts of of obscene names if you don't! haa haa!

Yeah a lot of people recommend you do, but I didn't bother, just going to wait until my standard shocks die then I'll get uprated ones. Saying that, they've been on for a good 6 months now at least and my shocks still aren't dead yet. Also just passed an M.O.T and nothing was mentioned about them.

Yeah it says 60/40 for some reason, but that's the kit I bought, and they are definitely lower than the apex 40mm springs I used to have on the car.

bmw e92 330d '09
ok thanks alot JCC i will go for them then because i don't want to be messing about putting 40mm on then thinking "oh f*k, wish id gone more!" and i ddint really want to go replacing the shockers on it thats why i was thinking 40mm initially...

anyways i know apex are good and 60mm will deffinately be enough for me as ive got four mint 16" 172 alloys on her.

thanks alot JCC i wish i could say a pint is on it's way up to scotland for you! ;) haa haa!

p.s. euro performance want £100 notes for them
apex want £83 so i will go to kam.

thanks again mate. :approve:

James x

bmw e92 330d '09
p.s. euro performance want £100 notes for them
apex want £83 so i will go to kam.

* apex?? thats a typo i meant kam racing! ooopppps! haa haa! =]

No problem mate. I never realised Kam were so cheap, if I'd have known that at the time eh!