ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowering Steering Wheel

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
Great question mate, I was of the impression it was just the 2 spacers needed ?
Reason I ask is the kit came with 4 bolts/spacers/washers.

I've searched (check me out!) and "burpspeed"? Used 4 but his was an all out track car and times change so maybe its just two now?

DavidDave

ClioSport Club Member
Right, so managed an hour before heading away for a few days! However I don’t seem to have enough play when removing all the bolts to slip in the 8mm standoff? What am I missing guys? I have about 5mm max I can pull the column down by, it looks to be catching somewhere but I can’t see where
F4115015-EC76-4894-934B-1DA602991D7F.jpeg

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
Have you unlocked the handle for the OEM steering angle/height adjustment thing?

Also there is a tab either side that I bent out of the way to allow it to drop.

DavidDave

ClioSport Club Member
Have you unlocked the handle for the OEM steering angle/height adjustment thing?

Also there is a tab either side that I bent out of the way to allow it to drop.
Yes I tried that, I expect the tabs you mention may be the culprit though?? Any pics at all mate? I have had to pack the car away now for risk of getting shouted at…

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I tried that, I expect the tabs you mention may be the culprit though?? Any pics at all mate? I have had to pack the car away now for risk of getting shouted at…
I've put the cowling etc back on now but give me until the afternoon and I'll take it back off and send you a pic.

Btw. I don't know if me bending the tabs back is the right thing to do but it worked for me.

DavidDave

ClioSport Club Member
So had another go tonight, bent the tabs so the column appropriately. Fitted the spacers made by @VenomUK.

2D58BA52-4F32-441A-BDB1-12EE4426D78C.jpeg
Absolutely perfect for me, I can see the dials perfectly and the steering wheel is at a much better angle. Look like that even with around 8mm spacer I have lost around 1” in wheel height.

56A0D29C-9A3B-429A-9619-0DD5DA1FDF5F.jpeg
90BEE67B-DCA8-4A04-B416-77C6842B6741.jpeg
One thing that annoys the crap out of me now though is the gap between the wheel cowling and binnacle, so next job is to make some kind of leather ‘cover’ like more modern cars seem to have
11963D34-C59F-44B8-85C0-6E493062EF48.jpeg
12FCDBD3-0794-4A4D-8914-9A1B93BE0DE1.jpeg