ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering-what springs

Stanced Honda S2000

im trying to think what wud look best with those wheels, i dont want it stupidly low, want it clasy low, as in tyres about level with arch. little bit of a gap.

60mm

k-tec sell Pi springs that will lower your car 60mm

they also sell a spax kit, which consists of 55mm lowering springs and uprated dampers

IMO i would go for the kit from spax

pay the $$ $ and buy some Coilovers, if you run 17s chances are the springs will catch on the wheels at that drop, or dont go so low and enjoy the ride rather than bumpy/bouncy ride that you will have and all the tram lini ng that goes with it

Coilovers arent neccessary, theyre expensive and its not always the best idea to ride around on adjustables.

Get the spax kit, its good value.

-Rob

Stanced Honda S2000

im keepin standard alloys, i like em ( i know, thats odd) thought u cud just get lowering springs, im a novice at this stuff ! theres so many about ? i just bought my own place so gotta watch the pennies but want it to look classy low, so that i can just run my hands over the top of the tyre.

Stanced Honda S2000

pi are good aint they, they are quite cheap in back of max power etc, but is there a lot in the quality etc ?

If you get springs and dont uprate the dampers youre taking out suspension travel..so the ride will be awful..and the handling wont be as good as it should be.

I know of no reason why PI should be any good to be honest, who the f**k are they? Though to be fair springs are springs..not so hard to get right.

-Rob

sorry to hijack, but whilst were on the topic :)

wot are the best springs and dampers/shocks to get to make the ride more comfortable. Ive got 15"s on my mk1 ph1 and its sitting high at the mo, ideally im after a 40mm drop and to improve comfort, even if it means not gaining on handling etc. It prolly aint possible, but all my shocks are 70k old so theyre all a bit worn out anyways.

Thanks

Different manufacturers favour ride/handling in road use...just dont get koni! Not sure who does dampers for your car but eibach are pretty good..again so are spax. Your fat profile will aid ride, but lowering it will make the ride worse, simple as, specially with the torsion bar lowered. 40mm will be a happy compromise though im sure. Or do what Tom says..lol

Rich..dont sulk..if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, sometimes its questionable but id like to think this club as against max power type mods. Spax do the best value kit out at the moment, simple as, save and get. They do a 35mm and 55mm option. 55mm is £25 more.

-Rob

-------------------
Different manufacturers favour ride/handling in road use...just dont get koni!
--------------------------

Rob, Koni dampers or springs, why not?????