ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering with just springs

Hi,

I wana lower my mk1 clio, only about 35mm front and back. I currently got 15" tsws with low profile tyre. Ive heard that lowering with just springs will damage the original dampers, is this true? Will 35mm affect the dampers that much?

Cheers,

Nick

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 08 February 2005

No, youll be ok on std dampers...theyll wear ever so slightly quicker but youll be ok...
just my experience with the 172 and eibachs. they have knackerd the rear dampers and the ride is terrible.. il never buy just springs again always get uprated dampers imo in order to keep the ride quality.

I got just springs on mine while i get round to getting a full kit. The ride is harder and you do bounce on some rounds or is that just my car lol.

Should be fine it just not a long term solution

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

mine lasted 7 months on springs lowered 55mm at the front, and when i came round to changing for a full suspension kit the dampers were well and truly buggered LOL