ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

I need to get my car lowered. I have already bought the springs ages ago and my mate said that he can fit them for me. But I need to get the back lowered, as he doesnt know how to do this. The car is a 1995 Clio RSi. I know places like Elite & Xtremes will do it for about £100, but Chirstmas hit my wallet hard.

Does any one know of a place where I can get this done cheaper?
(Im in Essex and near both Herts and Cambs)

I used it on my clio (same rear bar setup as RSi)

It was so much easier than I was expecting. Make sure you take end caps off bars and spray a load of WD40 in there about a week prior so it gets in a nd helps lubricate things. (Hee hee I said lubricate)

Then just follow the guide which is excellent. You may find (as I did) that when the bars are out you cant see the notches in. Just raise the rear arms by as much as you want to lower the car by)

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Yep, I too followed this guide and its really simple. Just pull torsion bar out, jack rear arm or hubs up to how low you want it (depending on whether torsion bar is open or closed), then put torsion bars back in.

Hehe, daz-uk.com is famous because of that guide. I see all sorts of car clubs abroad using it, too!