ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

I have a 1.2 mk1 clio, and was wanting to drop it 60mm.

I was after koni ones, just spoken to Demon Tweeks and they say that koni dont make their own springs, they just use other folks. Was really after just springs, but the blooke wouldnt let me have just springs for a 60mm drop, he said i MUST have dampers too.

The only options which they do he said were the Spax adjustables which is a kit of dampers and springs for £400, or a Gmax kit, wiht fixed rate dampers amd springs for £233.

What does everyoen thing, what sort of quailty are Gmax and Spax? I know lots of folks have used Koni before. Shoudl i get the full kit, or should i go else where?

Clio II and Grand Modus

Then wait until you can afford a good kit or even coilovers;) Waste of £££ to get -60mm springs only to swap them to a the real deal a littel tme after IMO

On 40mm Ive heard around 6 months to a year if youre lucky. Nothing wrong with just changing the springs first, just bear in mind you will have to change the shocks pretty soon anyway and if youre not doing it yourself itll cost a fair bit!

Ive got a MK1 172 and was thinking about changing the suspension setup. I was going to just put a set of Eibach pro springs on at the moment and when more money becomes available put some KONI shocks on later. Would this be ok. What do you recommend ???