ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest Miles on a 172?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Having seen all these threads pop up with who has the highest miles on a sport etc and lowest miles for a cambelt change. I have been thinking could I have the lowest miles on a 172?

Well here is my attempt. Its my 172 cup 03 plate:

3840252297_624851b248_o.jpg

When I bought it in mayish:

DSCF0862.jpg

And taken tonight, belts changed last week:

miles.jpg

Any takers that are lower?

Gaz

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
You should take solace in the fact we have people on here with well above 100k on theres lol :)

lol aye i know. When I seen it I instantly bought it was nearly pipped by someone on the phone but he didnt have his wallet for the deposit.

His girlfriend called back 5mins later to find out the bad news for them!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I would say the lowest number of miles on a 172 would be when they rolled off the production line.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
I think Renault will keep one thats never been used. That one will have the lowest number of miles on the clock.

Octavia vRS tfsi
103,000 ... but on a second engine since late 99k ! Poxy garage, I'll have my day in court with them yet.

Not got a car
I sold my 2003 172 late last year with 9k on the clock, was A1 condition, Wish i kept it as i think i liked it better than my 182 i got now

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I think Renault will keep one thats never been used. That one will have the lowest number of miles on the clock.

IIRC they have a full factory in Dieppe with completley un used models of everything (Williams, Phase 1's, V6's both Ph1 and 2 etc) Ill try and find the thread...!

Clio 172 cup
My cup had 18k on the clock when I bought it last year. I've added another 10k to that since then though.

RB182cup&golf gti
That is low mileage and a nice example. Was looking through my receipts before and the mileage on my 182 at its first MOT in Dec 07 was 12,060 and it's now on 15,200 and in the last 12 months it's only covered 800 miles. Sits in the garage and hardly gets used and is coming up to 5 years old which is cambelt time. Reckon yours must be one of the lowest mileage 172's with a new cambelt!

My 182 only did 1,100 miles in 8 months with the previous owner as it only ever got driven on sunny Sunday afternoons!

I've since done 7,500 in just over 4 months to balance it out!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
That is low mileage and a nice example. Was looking through my receipts before and the mileage on my 182 at its first MOT in Dec 07 was 12,060 and it's now on 15,200 and in the last 12 months it's only covered 800 miles. Sits in the garage and hardly gets used and is coming up to 5 years old which is cambelt time. Reckon yours must be one of the lowest mileage 172's with a new cambelt!

yeah you should see how clean under the bonnet is, mechanic said it was amazingly clean and its great nick

Sorry Gaz, I am a Newbee on here and reason why is that I am just about tp purchase a 52 plate 172 with only just 11k on it. Totally standard and abolutely mint 1 lady owner car. I have thought as well if it is the lowest regularly used 172 in the country.