ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest Non RS Mk3 ???

White Sti Hatch
Only a couple of quick snaps shall get more in the day light tomoz and might also give it a clean :rasp:

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0170.jpg

Needs Spacers at rear i think
DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

Comments welcome :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Good work!!!! bet yours and mine will turn some peoples thoughts on the MK3!!! Thats a quick turn around from getting them!!!

White Sti Hatch
Good work!!!! bet yours and mine will turn some peoples thoughts on the MK3!!! Thats a quick turn around from getting them!!!

In the flesh it looks so mean even for a standard mk3 just the stance i had a lil sex wee when mate brought it home from garage :boring:

Was only around a weekish wait very pleased with it although had to keep chasing k tec up about them:quiet:

-45MM?? H&R??

Nope try around 70mm rear and 60mm ish Front on Weitech Coils

45mm id still be able to fit my fist in the arches

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice one!!! Hows it ride etc? I'm letting mine settle a wee bit, then off to get the tracking etc checked in a week or two!!! Love mine. Best thing, no scrubbing what so ever!!!

White Sti Hatch
Nice one!!! Hows it ride etc? I'm letting mine settle a wee bit, then off to get the tracking etc checked in a week or two!!! Love mine. Best thing, no scrubbing what so ever!!!

My tracking got done 3 times lol as they kept playing with the height once its settles im getting the trackin checked again and think ill raise the rear a lil.

As for scrubbing went over a few speed bumps and the under side scrapes just a lil bitty but havent tryed ne one in the car yet oh and still get full lock :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye. I had to raise mine a wee bit, the underbody was sitting too low the the road imo (they seem to sit compleatly different to a MK2) i ran over a loaf of bread!!!!!????(WTF?!) on the first night in the road lol, i obliterated it!! Raised it 15mm at the rear, 10mm at the front. Gives a slight nose down stance, whch helps turn in etc.

White Sti Hatch
yeah right now mines is sitting prity much level looks good and all but will be taking the nose down stance might get it done tomoz once its out the body shop shall see.

Big diffrence in cornering now and the feedback through the wheel now feels like the cars planted on the road love it !

For got to say about the ride last time, its a tad on the bouncy side but im used to it with my old Ph1 so ill live lol

White Sti Hatch
Yeah will do will have to see if i can give it a clean after getting the bumper sorted out or not other wise will be nice dirty car shots :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Much better...I'm dubious that it's 70mm lower tho! 40 mayb?! Pics's dont do it much justice tho!

Howz the ride tho?

White Sti Hatch
Cheers Ali.....i will get the tape out when i get it back to night and get the right height of it along with some nice pics....

As for the right its bouncy bout thats what i expected but handeling is much better almost no body roll at all in the corners :) !

Awww you'll not be able to fit your head in the arches anymore :(

It was a good party trick :p

The lower the better though!

White Sti Hatch
Awww you'll not be able to fit your head in the arches anymore :(

It was a good party trick :p

The lower the better though!

Yeah i tryed it after it was done at mates house didnt work out can hardly fit a finger in there ne more !!

Getting it raised up at the rear just a bit maybe 10mm to get the nose down stance and hopefully clean the cat of speed bumps lol

White Sti Hatch
Yeah it s**t i just avoid like 90% of the roads lol :)

Me n greig gonna meet up later tonight at some point if you fancy making an stop by ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If thats 70/60mm the 197 can go alot lower than i thought.

It can with no scrubbing what so ever!!!! :evil:

197hr.jpg

Quick camera pic of mine on H&R's....... Rears fully down, fronts had another 30mm left. I have since raised it 10-15mm all round, as the underbody was just too low the the ground. The ride on the H&R's is spot on, feels no different to standard!!! I'm making a full thread i the next few weeks with loads of pics.

Hurry up with these pics!!!!!! Major lack of modded MK3's on here at the mo :)

White Sti Hatch
Well heres the latest pics

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

And the underside clearance ! :|!!!!

DSCF0003.jpg

Gonna give it a clean and wax tomoz if its not raining so will have some nice clean pics !

White Sti Hatch
the wheels seem even smaller now :eek: hows it handle now

i want to lower mine but not getto low :boring:

Whats wrong with getto low ???? lol

Handels ten times better and you can feel more through the wheel, wells are perfect size imo only the rears need to be spaced out as there lost in the rear arches

ive always agreed its a bit to high i like to drop mine nothing heavy just bring it down a small amount to fill the gap under the arches a bit an neatin up the handling then again a small drop may not be worth the dosh

i think it looks a bit odd that low personaly :eek:

an looking at that it needs spacers all round to bring the wheels back inline with the arches if thats what spacers do

i really havent a clue :eek:

what was its hight standed

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Here. If Renault thought the Trophy handled better with parrellel sills i'm sure they would have lowered the rear. Instead, they lowered the Trophy 10mm MORE at the front over a 182 Cup. The rear stayed the same.........

renault-clio-2-rs-trophy-640.jpg

Imo it feels better nose down, the rear feels more playful, turn in sharper. I dont want it too look like some chav Saxo, with its arse dragging down the road. ;)

White Sti Hatch
ive always agreed its a bit to high i like to drop mine nothing heavy just bring it down a small amount to fill the gap under the arches a bit an neatin up the handling then again a small drop may not be worth the dosh

i think it looks a bit odd that low personaly :eek:

an looking at that it needs spacers all round to bring the wheels back inline with the arches if thats what spacers do

i really havent a clue :eek:

what was its hight standed

Your only around £100 for a set of springs to go down 40 but its all up to you how low you want to go in the ens i wanted mine as low as it is as i love the look of it now compaird to the old monster truck i thoug my old Ph1 was high on 16" :eek:

Front wheels are perfect imo ill get a shot later on once it stops pissing down to show you but the rears do need to be taken out a but have some 10mm spacers so gonna see how they look later on :approve:

There was 120mmish of clearance under the car at standard height mines should now have something like 50mm

Much better bud, how you finding it around town now?

Pics taken in the ferry?

Bouncy as hell in the ferry but round town its fine.

Yeah down by Ferry Castle was damn wind down there !!