ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lows with compliance - coilover choice

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Picked my phase 1 172 today and it handles really well but it's a bit high and there's a too much bodyroll for my liking.

I'll be getting some polybushes and a Whiteline RARB but I need to choose a set of coilovers.

I'm after some coilover for more lows but rather than just going low I want good road compliance and comfort and be able get around a couple of track days each year with good cornering ability.

I had my heart set on a set of B14s as I've run B8s with Eibach springs before now and its a great setup compared to the likes of GAZ which were cheap and nasty.

The other option is some KW Konigsports. They have be benefit of camber adjustment and damping adjustment but only have a zinc finish and twin tube dampers.

Obviously camber adjustment can be added to the B14s with camber bolts but is it worth ditching the benefits of monotube dampers for the damping adjustment on the FKs? I'd be tempted by the new AST setup for £995 but its a bit out of my budget really.

LY FF182
Whats wrong with GAZ's? Had them on my 2L Corsa with 300lb springs and it was brilliant on track, have them on my 182 and they're very compliant on the road with not much body roll.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Get the B14's bought in the for sale section at the moment, lad called mitch is selling them and they're practically new.

I've had both the konigsports and the bilsteins, the bilsteins are the better coilovers.