ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumbar support - where does the cable go?

BG Clio 182
Evening all

One of the little jobs that needs fixing on my 182 is the broken lumbar support. I appreciate that this is a relatively common complaint and have searched the forum for a couple of ideas, but could do with a pointer or two from those that have fixed this in the past.

The end of the cable has detached from the handle that is used to operate the lumbar support. There is still a small metal 'bullet' on the end but it does appear that a part of it has broken off. Can't find anything in the seat based so not sure what it looked like.

In the photos below I have pushed it back into the winder handle (circled in red), but I need to know how to fix it in properly. It's not apparent to me exactly how this mechanism works to be honest, so I can't figure out how best to re-attach it. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Lumbarfar.jpg

Lumbarcloseup.jpg

BG Clio 182
Thanks mate. I used that to get the seat cover off and expose the mechanism, but the odd thing is that when I compare the 9th and 10th pictures in that sequence, the winding mechanism on that seat does not resemble the one from my driver's seat (and my metal clip is still present). In particular, on my seat there doesn't appear to be anywhere to feed the cable other than directly through the centre of the handle, which doesn't make sense to me.

Could be that I have a different mechanism on mine, I guess. May have to put up with a sore back.

BG Clio 182
Edit: on reviewing my own photos again, I see that it may be that I need to feed the cable through the small hole on the left hand side of the winder mechanism. Will have another look at the weekend.

I have had the same problem with mine, I couldn't see were the wire was meant to go, the looks to be a bit broken off, I just cable tied it to the side of the seat I no it's a brodge but it does work again so maybe you could give that a try.