ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 200 EDC Spoiler Alert

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
360 mile round trip to Somerset yesterday to pick up the spoiler I ordered in November 2017. Its still in its primered state and temporarily fitted, with a bit more fettling and then paint it'll be all done.
DSC_4138~2-01.jpeg
DSC_4131~2-01.jpeg
DSC_4134~2-01.jpeg
DSC_4159~2.JPG
DSC_4156~2.JPG
DSC_4137-01.jpeg
_20180211_184836.JPG

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Can't decide on these spoilers, sometimes I see photos and think they look epic and sometimes I see a photo and think they're a bit OTT.

Think it'll look well on yours though with the turinis.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Appreciate all the comments thank you. I wouldn't normally go for such a change bodywork wise. After seeing the spoilers on the Cup race cars and the RS16 it made me realise it needed something like this to make a difference. Ive seen a couple of other aftermarket spoilers but to me they dont look as good, at least I know this is an option from RenaultSport ( like adding a 172 Cup spoiler to a non cup pack 182 or std 172)

It gives it more poise, as mentioned slightly aggressive and adds to a motorsport look with the Turinis and the wheel studs.

As for colour... Undecided, it's a 2 piece incorporating the original lower shape with the top part separately. LY lower and maybe a grey top part, or all LY. Also debating on either leaving the Turinis white or repainting black or grey.

Anway, the main thing is I have it now. I'll have a ponder over the next week or 2.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Looks good! Tough one on colouring, at first I thought it's got to go all LY... but could work with the lower part in black or matching your diffuser (is that grey or silver?) wheels for me would go anthracite.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'll be the one then who says it looks s**t!

f**king stupid spoilers, they look s**t on the cup racers too!

The Rs16 juuuuuuuust about pulled it off because of the phatter arches.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'll be the one then who says it looks s**t!

f**king stupid spoilers, they look s**t on the cup racers too!

The Rs16 juuuuuuuust about pulled it off because of the phatter arches.

And you wont be the last lol, I wouldn't expect everyone to like it. When it's painted it should look more at one with the rest of the car.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Black for me - will tame it down :wink:

I would also have the wheels black with some tiny yellow details on them - possibly yellow speedline rim stickers.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Play it safe and go all liquid yellow

This.

At least then you can wrap sections to see what you like best. If you go black. It might look like you couldn’t afford to match liquid yellow and copped out. Like when people fit black cup spoilers to mk3s. Looks like they couldn’t afford to have it matched to the car.

Anthracite could work. But again, it’s a could. I’d start with a yellow base and wrap it.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Yeah I'm leaning towards LY and or maybe black. I think its looking a bit busy with LY, black, grey, the chrome badges. Trouble is i like the wheels white at the moment so maybe an all LY spoiler.... Or black top piece, black wheels, black blade, diffuser, badges. There's a few combinations potentially.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Just do it LY. Can always wrap it if you want a change. I think making the spoiler black or grey will cheapen it.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Love it Rich!

I agree with the masses and think you'd be better off painting it all LY.

As for the wheels. Again they look awesome in white but I can't help thinking they and the car as a whole especially with that monstrous spoiler would look much better in a dark colour. Maybe anthracite? As black might be too dark...

Keep up the good work! :up:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Cheers @RMDavis
The Clio's been sidelined the last 2 weeks for good reason so the spoiler's had to wait. I'm in agreement though I'm going to have it painted LY, but my thinking is that having it painted the same colour doesn't detract from the contrast of having the wheels white. I am debating whether to try an anthracite but feel it wouldn't be me if it was slightly toned down.

Reason for delay, I'm picking it up tomorrow.
received_10155863268819279.jpeg
received_10155863269739279.jpeg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
@Ricardos Can try and do a photoshop of what you are thinking if that would help, just let me know what you are thinking and I will see what I can do :up:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
The "lower" spoiler - Black, the outer/upper spoiler LY.

Change all the silvery bits on the car to Black too. Red flaps... (maybe)

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
See what you think of this, not sure I have got the anthracite quite right or the yellow but :smile: I have also darkened the diffuser to closer match the wheels, I can always have a look at a front view and colour the blade on the front as well :up:

38887114570_5a8865f796_b.jpg

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
See what you think of this, not sure I have got the anthracite quite right or the yellow but :smile: I have also darkened the diffuser to closer match the wheels, I can always have a look at a front view and colour the blade on the front as well :up:

38887114570_5a8865f796_b.jpg

Nope, White wheels... black blades. I cannot be fudge to fire up PS lol

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
That's a winner... Add red flapsflaps and it's rally look sorted.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I came across a couple of photos i took last year at brands hatch of a clio racer,with a white spolier and front lip just to give you an idea on colours.
SAM_0393.JPG
20180316_182301.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I think these need to be low running some good camber with wide, low offset wheels to pull them off, Just looks a bit odd otherwise.

Still like it though LOL