ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mégane/Clio3 Crank Pulleys on Clio 172/182 - differences?

So that old chestnut of crank pulleys. I've seen threads where people are changing to Mégane pulleys as they want the crank pulley locking. However many these are old and thanks to Imageshack fuckery, the images have disappeared. Googling for more pictures doesn't show anything clear either.

So what is the difference between a stock 1*2 crank pulley and Mégane/Clio3? Does it affect timing up the engine and does it lock the cambelt sprocket on the crank too?

I'm not actually bothered about the locking nature of the Mégane pulley, more that those can be had for under £50 new. Where as the Clio 1*2 pulley I'm struggling to find an alternative source to and Renault was £162 for.

Essentially is the Mégane/Clio3 pulley effectively a straight swap or is they more messing around if you go that route?

Renault OEM part numbers for reference:
Clio 172/182: 8200386460
Mégane/Clio3: 8200619927

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
The Megane / Clio 3 pulley has a key on it so it physically cannot turn on the crank unless the crank moves with it.
Clio 172/182 crank pulleys just slide onto the crank and rely on the torque of the bolt to keep it in place. Which in most applications is good enough 👍🏻

The Megane / Clio 3 pulley has a key on it so it physically cannot turn on the crank unless the crank moves with it.
Clio 172/182 crank pulleys just slide onto the crank and rely on the torque of the bolt to keep it in place. Which in most applications is good enough 👍🏻
Does the Megane/Clio3 pulley also lock the bottom cambelt sprocket?

Other than that, is it a straight swap? Does the locking procedure change?

Pure do an aftermarket pulley for the 182 for £100ish iirc.
Out of stock :(