ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M-tech v4 ecu

Hi folks :)

Just got this ecu(came with jenvey throttle bodies)

Does anyone know the "flywheel trigger pattern"??
(aka what flywheel works with the car.....Williams or 172)

Ive emailed m-tech over 1 week ago but didn't get any answer:(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The mtech will work with the valver/Williams or Megane/172 flywheel, what engine do you have?

As they don't sell this Ecu anymore (production stopped last year which is a shame as its a good ecu) I wouldn't think mtech are going to be greatly interested in supporting it by email tbh so I wouldn't hold your breath on them answering queries realistically.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah it does 44-2-2 renix pattern as found on the Williams, but because that flywheel doesn't differentiate between which cylinder is at tdc it means you have to use the distributor not a coil pack. Not a problem though I've done it that way myself on a Williams with an mtec and dizzy. Worked fine.

Thanks for the info lads:)

Sounds like a good ecu !!

I've a f7r engine with a distributor!
i must just buy a engine loom to suit my engine :)
(it came off a 206 gti)

Would I be right in saying
the ecu works with.....
172 with 172 flywheel,
F7r with coil pack with megane/172 flywheel,
F7r with distributor with valver/Williams flywheel.

It won't work by interchanging the above flywheels.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks for the info lads:)

Sounds like a good ecu !!

I've a f7r engine with a distributor!
i must just buy a engine loom to suit my engine :)
(it came off a 206 gti)

Would I be right in saying
the ecu works with.....
172 with 172 flywheel,
F7r with coil pack with megane/172 flywheel,
F7r with distributor with valver/Williams flywheel.

It won't work by interchanging the above flywheels.

Yes, in fact over the years I have personally used it on each of this combinations myself.

The only combination you cant do is:
44-2-2 flyweel with coilpack

As the ECU has no way of knowing if its at TDC on cylinders 1/4 or cylinders 2/3 so wouldnt know which half of the coilpack to trigger. (it might actually be 'possible' if you fired all 4 plugs at once, but obviously the problem with that is you are likely to ignite the charge on the intake stroke, hence I would never try that personally)