ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M135i correction detail

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
A BMW M135i turned up today. Christ I need one of these in my life.

It belongs to a lad called Dan from Southend and after we got chatted we realised we knew a few of the same people @Ricardos

He used to be in Renaults and was member of RTOC back in the day.

After pointing out a few defects I dropped Dan to the station and returned home to get cracking.

Did the wheels first (iron x and brushes and blasted with the jet wash before washing) and then onto the rest of the car with the usual process of Snow foam, 2 bucket wash, ironX/Tar X and a second wash.

I then tried out a medium 3M polishing pad with some 2200 menzerna Polish. This gave me the results I was looking.

There was a couple of light scratches on the boot lid (see pics) which were not coming out with the 2200 Menzerna so I put a compounding spot pad on and used the 400FG Menzerna. I followed this up with a medium polishing spot pad and the 2200 Menserna as a second stage polish.

Once again I was really pleased with the results and more importantly Dan was over the moon with it.

Some before pics
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

To look at, surely? As to drive, they're immense. Very tempted by one when I have to have more than two seats.

Oh yeah sorry, to look at.

I've never actually driven one. But I'm aware how capable they are!

Although I did own a normal 1.35i for two years and found that quite boring. Soulless.

Reactions: JD
Oh yeah sorry, to look at.

I've never actually driven one. But I'm aware how capable they are!

Although I did own a normal 1.35i for two years and found that quite boring. Soulless.
Agreed they can feel soul-less. Anything with that sort of "effective" power usually does.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
To look at, surely? As to drive, they're immense. Very tempted by one when I have to have more than two seats.

If you do, drive something sh1t between the Z4M and the M135i lol, then you'll think its amazing. The steering is awful & they roll around like a 7 series with a f*cked rear damper, lots of potential, not realised by bmw unfortunately. Great engine however, albeit a bit dull sounding.