ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mac mini for photo/ video editing?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all

I have previously used my laptop to edit together videos from roadtrips and what not and editing my photo's.

It is a bit past it now and is struggling with that side of things however it is fine for surfing the net/ word processing which suits me.

I would like another mac that I can just use for Imovie and get photoshop on and these mac mini's seem like a cheap way of doing it (it would only really be used for this here and there so spending a couple of hundred pounds doesn't make sense to me).

My question is are ones in similar spec to the link below going to be powerful enough to run Imovie and photoshop without struggling?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331278416709?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I literally have no experience of these, I am used to Imacs.

Rav4
Hi all

I have previously used my laptop to edit together videos from roadtrips and what not and editing my photo's.

It is a bit past it now and is struggling with that side of things however it is fine for surfing the net/ word processing which suits me.

I would like another mac that I can just use for Imovie and get photoshop on and these mac mini's seem like a cheap way of doing it (it would only really be used for this here and there so spending a couple of hundred pounds doesn't make sense to me).

My question is are ones in similar spec to the link below going to be powerful enough to run Imovie and photoshop without struggling?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331278416709?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I literally have no experience of these, I am used to Imacs.

I would not bother personally.

Anything over Lion and apparently those models start to really struggle, plus additionally, need to take into considerations software compatibility as time goes on.

Personally, if I where you, I would wait until the new mac mini's are released and get one of the existing ones (which will be an old model ) via the refurb store, or ebay of people are throwing them away.

I have an i7 mac mini, which I used for most stuff, and it works really well.

Thanks,

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that, pretty much as I expected then, will stick to my original plan of getting something a bit more substancial at some stage then.

Paul