ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac owners!!

Clio 182
Does your Mac 'crackle'??? Like make funny little crackling noises all the time? It doesn't sound right to me :S

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
my mate at work has just bought one, literally arrived today, used it for about 30 minutes, no sounds at all.

Static crackling noises? Doesn't sound good, no electrical item should really be making noises like that!!!!

172, Tiguan
I've had one literally blow up on me once. My current one which is a few years old now does creak occasionally, but thats the plastic casing expanding and contracting I think.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
You don't "do" technology dya Karen ;)

Is it still under warrenty? Take it back, its a potential fire hazard.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Hayley said:
You don't "do" technology dya Karen ;)

Is it still under warrenty? Take it back, its a potential fire hazard.

think she has only just had it, already had one replaced.

Renaultsport 220T
FPMSL

What have you done to this one? It definitely shouldn't crackle, or make any sounds. It's that silly Intel chip that you have in it. Get a proper G5 one.

:D :eek:

Clio 182
182WRC said:
FPMSL

What have you done to this one? It definitely shouldn't crackle, or make any sounds. It's that silly Intel chip that you have in it. Get a proper G5 one.

:D :eek:

Should I change to a G5???

I'm beyond fucked off with Macs if this one is faulty too.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Karen said:
Should I change to a G5???

I'm beyond f**ked off with Macs if this one is faulty too.

No, you shouldn't! (change to a G5 that is...)

Is it coming out of the speakers or somewhere else? What sort of crackle, does it sound electrical?

Clio 182
sn00p said:
No, you shouldn't! (change to a G5 that is...)

Is it coming out of the speakers or somewhere else? What sort of crackle, does it sound electrical?

Why is that??

Im not sure where its coming out of :S it sounds as ^^ like flies being electrocuted.

Monaro VXR
No changing to the G5 one might have been round longer but there slower.

Having an intel chip in it shouldnt make any difference to the hardware making noises. Should only affect software and even then it shouldnt affect it at all really.

Just get another replacment. Typical with apple most new products they bring out have a few problems same thing with the last version of the ipods loads of them had to be sent back due to cracking screens failing to turn on etc. Just need to sort the quality problems out. But they do have good customer thankfully.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
ffs, whats all this talk of intel / g5?? Just send it back Karen and get an identical replacement, its all you can do, just keep going until you get one you are happy with. The sounds you are describing are obviously not right.

Clio 182
cat171 said:
Tbh honest with you Karen i'd make sure that there are no 'ahemmm' pictures on it before sending it back:eek: ;)

I've not put anything on this one, I don't have much faith in it tbh!

Clio 182
R20GRC said:
ffs, whats all this talk of intel / g5?? Just send it back Karen and get an identical replacement, its all you can do, just keep going until you get one you are happy with. The sounds you are describing are obviously not right.

I'm unsure I want to just keep getting replacements if I keep getting faulty ones!

Clio 182
Fletch123 said:
What model Mac do you have Karen?

My I mac only makes a sound when downloading albums [The fans come on] apart from that it's silent.

It's the new iMac.

I have the sinking feeling I'm gonna have to f**king faff around sending this back and getting another one, the noise is really getting to be irritating, apart from not being quite right...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Karen my parents have a new imac and imo it's nowhere near as good as my imac the dome model, the crackling sound may come from the fact that it's overheating, i'm pretty sure they don't have any cooling fans.

Fletcher.

106 GTi
Maybe worth having a look here on the forums.

http://www.apple.com/support/

Lots of people are having problems with the new intel Macbook pros (I am worried now as I have one on order) maybe some of the same issues with the new intel imac.

Lot's of people are saying its because they are Rev A first versions and they are always full of problems. :(

My Macbook wil be my 4th Mac and all the others have been spot on, imac, and 2 G4 desktops. But am worried what the 4th machine and intel power may bring!

Clio 182
Fletch123 said:
Karen my parents have a new imac and imo it's nowhere near as good as my imac the dome model, the crackling sound may come from the fact that it's overheating, i'm pretty sure they don't have any cooling fans.

Fletcher.

Hmm interesting point, this Mac has been left on for much longer periods of time than the first one I had although I'd still expect it to cope ok!

Clio 182
r-jay said:
Maybe worth having a look here on the forums.

http://www.apple.com/support/

Lots of people are having problems with the new intel Macbook pros (I am worried now as I have one on order) maybe some of the same issues with the new intel imac.

Lot's of people are saying its because they are Rev A first versions and they are always full of problems. :(

My Macbook wil be my 4th Mac and all the others have been spot on, imac, and 2 G4 desktops. But am worried what the 4th machine and intel power may bring!

Thanks for the link!

Well some people did say there may be problems with it... :S

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Karen said:
But do I risk a third one or just give up on Macs???

Karen i think your just having alopt of bad luck with macs/ Apples, iv'e had my i mac for two years and it hasn't put a foot wrong,neither have any of my 4 ipods.

Hope you can either get it sorted from apple or get another pc, it''s not much fun having a crap computer.

Renaultsport 220T
Send it back hun, and get a replacement one. With most new products these days, the first batch tend to be tested on the public. Mac in general, produce really good machines. I've only had one problem with my powerbook in over 2 years.

106 GTi
Like others I havent had a problem (yet!) with any off mine, send it back - hopefully you will get a good one - third time lucky?

Clio 182
r-jay said:
Like others I havent had a problem (yet!) with any off mine, send it back - hopefully you will get a good one - third time lucky?

bad luck comes in threes I think for me :dapprove:

182... again!
Only one more duff one to go then and thats that hassle out the way then;)

Don't have any experience of macs, whats the advantages?

Clio 182
Amboboy said:
Only one more duff one to go then and thats that hassle out the way then;)

Don't have any experience of macs, whats the advantages?

lol maybe! The crackle, after going on for almost a week, has subsided somewhat overnight so I'll see how it goes...

Well, so I kept getting told, they were more reliable :S more secure from viruses and just generally better apparently... granted the screen is amazing compared to say the new LCD screen I use at work, the Apple one is just brighter and clearer and all round nicer to work on. Working on it, it seems sort of more advanced with the inbuilt stuff. Also the iMac has everything built into the screen so its literally just a screen, keyboard and mouse, MUCH neater :) Maybe someone who knows more about them will be able to answer your question better though!!!!