ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Air

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I was going to get it on the tick and I'm not too sure how the finance side of things will work.

AK

M240i
You select financing at the till and they'll forward your details to Barclays and they'll send you an e-mail confirming in a few days if it's been accepted or not, then Barclays have you print out the contract and send it to them.

I initially was going to do that but ended up doing it cash as they lost the contract in the post and I couldn't be arsed with the hassle, lol.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm worried that the checkout is going to put the transaction through as payment rather than the finance. I have to money to buy it but I'd be mega skint for until the end of November.

I've got so far in the checkout to where it says "place order now" but there is no sign of an option for finance.

AK

M240i
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351629761.072139.jpg

It won't auto take payment mate, it asks you to confirm your card and above it there's an option for finance. (Middle of the pic)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've gone for a 13 inch MacBook Air with; 8GB Ram (?) instead of 4, 128GB SSD and pages app which is what I think is the equivalent of Microsoft word but for macs?

i can't wait for it to arrive!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I got friends and family discount too through my GF's work. 8%, not massive but every little helps.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You should of not bothered with pages imo, but spec is same as mine.

Mine was sent this morning, but is coming from China :(

You'd think they would keep ram upgraded models in the UK

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Pages no good then?

I've just filled in the Barclays questionnaire that was emailed to me. I've completed it and been met with a message saying "you have been declined"

WTF?!

Ive spoke to Barclays (that have now fucked my credit score up after I sorted it out) that told me I've been declined because I answered a question wrong on their questionnaire. I asked which one and it turns out the answer they have from experian is wrong. I am that pissed off that I nearly had an anurisum the jokers.

I've rang both Barclays and Apple and told them to cancel my order. It's taken me ages to get my credit score sorted after Doncaster council fucked it up in 2010.

Ill order another one when I get paid next month and pay cash for it. What a f**k about.

Audi S1
Gouldy - the same thing happened to me. I answered one of them wrong, I can't remember if it was my previous address or something like that. Accepted me, but then declined me. Stupid!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Really?

I made it a point when talking the sales person at apple that the reason why I've cancelled my order is because of Barclay's incompetence.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Finally turned up today, and what a machine.

Starts up so fast! Got all my apps sorted out and really enjoying having a small laptop again, definitely recommend getting one.

Audi S1
Would be awesome if it had a retina display. I was having a play in the Apple shop on Sunday. Side by side you can defiantly see a big difference.

SSD are awesome though. I got rid of my iMac because I never used it as much as I thought I would {bought an iPad inbetween} was thinking whether to get myself a Mac mini and just plug it into my TV. But then will I use that...

Apple are f*****s for sucking you in lol.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've gone for a 13 inch MacBook Air with; 8GB Ram (?) instead of 4, 128GB SSD and pages app which is what I think is the equivalent of Microsoft word but for macs?

i can't wait for it to arrive!

I've placed this order this morning but paid cash instead of financing, removed pages and bought an incase pathway slip sleeve for it. I've never been excited about owning a laptop before!

It should be turning up 14th to the 16th of November.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I actually like pages. Yes it not as good as Word but its cheap and very capable none-the-less.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'll probably get it at some point from the app store. I don't need it straight away.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
This can't be delivered soon enough!

What are apple like for sticking to estimated delivery times?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Apple are usually spot on with delivery estimates, sometimes a bit earlier.

I got my MacBook Pro on finance last year, I did it in the Meadowhall Apple Shop though and the guy who sold it me was extremely shocked when I passed the check, he said they refuse a lot of people at that stage. Kinda regret getting it on finance now though, another bill I don't really need.

Mine came 1 day early, the tracking they provide is spot on though, very good. I got to see mine travel all the way from China, over a week.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
How do you get to see where it travels from?

My MacBook Air is coming from China too with it being a custom configured computer. My delivery date is next Wednesday, I hope it comes before then!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I know I've hijacked Mike's thread here but I've been tracking my order through the Apple site and it's cycled through the delivery status' until this morning.

It's now gone back to; Origin airport terminal. Now, this is making me think that something has gone wrong and they've messed up my order.

A lot of people have had stuff delivered through Apple on CS, so what do you think is going on?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tracking with them is dodgy, call apple and find the actual delivery company and tracking number.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've just got off the phone with Apple.

One chap I spoke to told me that it should have been delivered today but it hasn't and he doesn't know why. He then told me some completely different courier to the one that my email states and to give me a tracking number I had to speak to someone in customer services. I then spoke to an American lass in customer services who never actually did answer my question of "can I have the name of the courier and a tracking number for my order please". She told me that she didn't know who the courier was and that she couldn't provide any tracking information, and that my order might be delivered until the 17th at the earliest. (The other guy said today!?)

im pretty pissed off tbh

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's arrived!

I've had a mess about with it for the past hour and first impressions are very good. I'm really impressed with it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Ooh! Glad it showed up in the end. When we ordered our Air and iMac last year the tracking info was spot on all the way from China to our door. With every step in between detailed also.

I took out my old 15" VAIO this week (To take to bits as it FUBAR'd) and it just felt so big and heavy. 13" is definitely the perfect size for a laptop.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've been on it all evening. I don't know how i managed with a basic Toshiba Satellite model for the past 5 years!

i'm amazed at how thin and light it is. It's also lightening quick to boot up even from a full shutdown.

Fiesta ST-3
Awesome!

So in terms of processing power... how do they stand up?

Reason I ask is that I want a 13" Macbook of some sort. Pro or air, I can't decide!!

I want it to be able to run PS/lightroom/multiple programs easily, but then the portability will be awesome as I will take it with me anywhere to work etc.

Decisions, decisions!

Awesome!

So in terms of processing power... how do they stand up?

Reason I ask is that I want a 13" Macbook of some sort. Pro or air, I can't decide!!

I want it to be able to run PS/lightroom/multiple programs easily, but then the portability will be awesome as I will take it with me anywhere to work etc.

Decisions, decisions!

13" retina?

Fiesta ST-3
Are they that much better than the air to warrant the extra cash?

I don't mind spending the extra, as long as it's worth every penny.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If I could've afforded a pro with Retina then I would have got one, I couldn't justify the extra cost for a computer that I use for basic stuff at home. (It will never leave the house) my Air with the upgraded 8GB of ram and a discount through work was around £1k, the Retina air starts at £1500. The extra money wasn't worth it for me personally but it might be for you.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Are there any accessories worth buying for these?

I've got a case for it for when I'm not using it. I've also seen a thunder bolt to Ethernet adapter, is there anything else worth getting ?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Me either.

After some googling, apparantly it is worth it but when I followed the calibration steps the screen didn't look any better IMO.