ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Air

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Chroms on the mac is quick but it takes up lods of resources so i use safari

Never above 25mpg
Safari. Since using the macbook, Safari has shown me that Mozilla have taken a few ideas for Firefox.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Used to use Firefox but since Mountain Lion I've used Safari and have it all hooked up to my iPhone and iPad.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Chrome is better tbh, I still mainly use safari but I keep chrome for a separate google account and I've decided it is better.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well looks like I'll be investing in an Air tomorrow. I have an iPad which is great for what it is but I don't find it that easy to use as something to type replies on or have conversations on line with.

This is something I do with my work laptop but since it was updated I now have the same restrictions as I would in the office so no Skype etc and not even able to install Firefox.

So I want it for web use and probably an extension of what I do on my iMac, maybe play a few games as well. Planning on going for an 11" model with 128gb but not sure on what spec exactly. I'd like the best spec I could afford which would be an i7 with 8gb of memory but not sure how much I really need that spec. I mean my iMac is an i5 with 4gb and flies!

FF Clio 182
I got a 15" 2012 Retina Display MacBook Pro, Cost £1800 new and is about 6 months old. Still worth about £1500 now. People always say Apple stuff is so expensive, yet the hold their value so well. Would rather pay £1800 for a MacBook and £12 for Mountain Lion than go out buy a £500 laptop that is going to be outdated in 6 months and £300+ for a new Windows OS and Office.

133/225/CLS AMG
Had a result, the Mrs is a teacher and gets a 14% discount on all Apple products.

So I got an 11" Air, i7 processor, 8gb memory and 256gb of memory. A bit higher spec than I expected but works out a similar price as the spec I was thinking anyway and should last me nicely too. :)

Clio 1.2 16V
Depends on how much you need? If you need the 520gb you've got now then you might struggle. The MacBook Pro might be a better option? Great bit of kit though, kind of regret not getting the MPA mainly for the better screen resolution, main gripe I have with my MBP 13".