ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook or MacBook pro

Hey guys,

thinking of upgrading to a pro, bit not too sure what the advantages are?
Are they much faster? Anyone made the upgrade?

May just keep the MacBook and waste the money on an ipad.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What year MacBook?

The Pro's are great, but it depends what you're running at the moment.

Go cry to your momma!
haha, after having back-lit keyboards on my dell and MBPs, I could never go back to a normal keyboard.

/Snob

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have just made the same switch, from a mid 07 macbook to a new i5 mbp. I reckon after selling my old one, student discount, and selling the almost free ipod it will have cos t just short of £1k to upgrade with 3 years applecare.

Worth it though, it is unbelievable how much faster it is, especially when on paper it didn't look a lot different to the average shopper. Screen is bigger, and much nicer to use being backlit, 3 and 4 finger touchpad is good too.

Keyboard is a bit shitty tbh, the backlit thing is tacky as you can see the light under the keys which ruins it a bit. I usually have it turned off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
May you burn in iHell.

The backlit keyboard is awesome. What do you mean 'see the light under the keys'? That's kind of the point.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
May you burn in iHell.

The backlit keyboard is awesome. What do you mean 'see the light under the keys'? That's kind of the point.

:eek:

Maybe it is but i just think it looks naff from this angle:

23087b70.jpg

When your above it looks good, so on a desk or something but not from the sloped back couch position :rasp:

From Above:

f1483d77.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. That's backlit.

So you'd prefer a backlit keyboard that wasn't backlit. I getcha.

I like the way you can see under it. It's like the awesome is leaking out from under your keys.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Monitor is backlit but you dont get light leaking out of the sides do yer :rasp:

I just think it would look better if the awesomeness stayed in there lol, i just want the letters on the keys to light up nothing else.

I'll shut up now, more apple fans will be getting out their pitch forks :p

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Both MB and MBP have recently been updated, although I still wouldn't buy a basic one with a c2d.