ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook Pro Magsafe Charger Cable problem

RS Clio 182
I recently bought a Macbook Pro with the magsafe cable charger - and when the cable is plugged in,if you slightly move the transformer box it can make 'sparking' noises and can cut the macbook out completely and cause noises going through my monitor speakers.

Is this normal? Looks like its shorting out somewhere.....im trying not to touch the cable while its plugged as it seems pretty dangerous.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That sounds dangerous tbh. Stop using it and get a replacement.

Both of my MacBook chargers are silent.

RS Clio 182
That sounds dangerous tbh. Stop using it and get a replacement.

Both of my MacBook chargers are silent.

Ive google it and it seems to be a common problem....its a used cable so it might have come loose somewhere. well definatly find a replacement.

Another thing is i have an audio interface connected to the macbook via USB,for my monitor speakers. I just went to insert the USB into the macbook and a massive spark came off!

Is this just a case of connecting everything when its shutdown hehe?!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds very wrong, I’d stop using it until you can get the charger sorted out TBH. I doubt it’s doing the machine any good at all if you’ve got sparking and shutdowns.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Sounds like a bad earth in the charger. If you keep using it then you could end up with an expensive paper weight.