ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Pro SDHC problem

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My parter recently bought me 2 new SDHC cards that were on offer, they are PNY 8GB Class 6. I used one today to take pictures at FCS. I then get home to find it wont recognise the card in my MacBook SD port, I've tried my other cards (SanDisk, Joyflash) and they mount up fine. I've tried reformatting both the PNY cards while in the camera (500D) and neither has worked. If I use a card reader the PNY ones will mount, which is great as I can get todays photos off. But on the other hand I'd rather it just work via the SD port on the MacBook. Anyone had any similar experiences?

i've had this problem, firstly check the cards not locked by checking out the "switch" on the side. then just keep on putting it in and out with finder open to see if you can see it. worked for me

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
SDcards are a bag of hurt.

none of them follow the standards properly.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely are, I've tried everything all to no avail. I'll just have to use a USB card reader in future I think.