ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machine polisher! £37!! need advice

Honda & VW
If you are new to Machine Polishing then i would advise against getting a rotary, can cause damage if in the hands of a novice.
Get yourself a Dual Action Machine like either a Kestral DAS 6 or DAS 6 pro ( Gally will be along shortly to rave about the pro). or the Meguiars G220. Unfortunately some of the DA machines tend to be more expensive than the Rotary's.

Hope this helps

Not a 320d
Id go with DA so;

You can practice with minimal risk.
Youve got one in future when you finally move to rotary, and you come across a mates car like a Clio for example with soft paintwork, where a DA will be more than ample. And plastic pannels.

Rotarys have a habbit of burning paint if youre not careful, taking the edges off paint and jumping about pannels when you dont know what youre doing. They are also heavy (some, especially the silverline)

Take the advice and get a DA.

Honda & VW
Toby mate its Panel not Pannel, sorry but had to point that out. Strangely i am a bit of a stickler for spelling lol (Checks he's spelt everthing correctly)

R26 + EV0 FQ340
What sort of price should you be looking at for a decent DA? Like the OP I'm looking for one as my first machine polisher for paint correction. DAS6 seems to be about £95 just for the polisher.

Not a 320d
Ok.

Im going to bite my tongue as last time I didnt I got banned. Its Sunday night pal give me a break, I work 2 jobs and go to uni.

How very DARE you.

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
I wondered where you were!

Ive been in this section all by yself tonight pretending I know what im talking about.

Ive got a blue silverline, its a bit riskayyyy for a first time polisher, but i only use it for the odd panel and its been ok,

I would get a DA like cliotoby linked for a beginner